This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
September 3, 2019 at 3:23 pm #4505795

alekG

Dear WPML Team,

I already used WPML to translate the pages, categories a.s.o on my website (German = Standard). However I am facing issues with translating my templates (e.g. header and footer) made with Elementor Page builder

1. I tried to just use the translation editor to, but when I was done with everything, the English header and footer were not displayed

2. Then I copied the header and created a new English template for it with displaying it on "entire site". Still does not work

My Question: How do I properly translate my Elementor Page Builder templates like header and footer so that they are displayed on the translated website.

Best regards

Alek Green

September 3, 2019 at 4:47 pm #4506411

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello Alek Green,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

We suspect that the last Elementor Pro update has introduced a bug where the Header loses the display conditions for its translations.

I suggest that you remove the new header that you have created. Then open the translation Header in Elementor and add a display condition to it. You can do that from the yellow button in left-bottom of the page. See the attached image.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

September 4, 2019 at 2:43 pm #4512147

alekG

Dear Jamal,

So I copied my German (Standard) Header and switched to the Englisch Website, then I created a new Template "Header" and displayed it on "Entire Site". And it is not working at all.
Furthermore if I just copy the German Header and create a new Header Template on my English Website, isn't there a conflict because I display both headers (German and English) on "Entire Site".

Also if I copy the German Header, it will still be displayed in German although I used the WPML Editor right? So you suggested to manually translate within the template?

I have the same problem for all my templates. Not only Header and Footer

September 4, 2019 at 4:48 pm #4513031

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I am not sure what do you mean by "copy German header"! I was talking about the English translation. Open it with Elementor and update its display conditions to be assigned to the entire site.

Would you like to allow me temporary access to your backend? I'll check this issue further and maybe perform some tests. Please make a database backup before sharing credentials.
Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. And check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Best regards,
Jamal

September 9, 2019 at 9:35 am #4535283

Jamal
Supporter

Hi Alek Green,

To open the translation in Elementor, we first should open it in native WordPress editor, by deactivating the option to use the WPML Translation Editor, see attached image (open-translation-in-native-editor.png). Then we can use the "Edit with Elementor" button, see open-translation-in-elementor.png
.png.

The Header translation was actually moved to trash, see (translation-in-trash.png). I restored it back and applied a display condition on the "Entire site", see (open-elementor-display-conditions.png).
Then I checked this page hidden link and it seems that the Header is now correctly visible. I am not sure if this is the page we should test with, please check from your side if the issue is corrected. Otherwise, please tell us which is the page to test, what should be displayed, take a screenshot to help us understand the issue.

Best regards,
Jamal