Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 30 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lucas Vidal de Andrade 1 day, 4 hours ago.

Assisted by: Lucas Vidal de Andrade.

Author Posts
September 11, 2024 at 1:05 pm

amigosS

Background of the issue:
I want to have only one homepage and to translate ONLY the texts and links for the other languages. I am using Elementor on my site hidden link.

Symptoms:
Found nothing in the documentation.

Questions:
How can I translate only the texts and links on my homepage using WPML and Elementor?

Links inside the carousel in the home page are not being translated. They are internal links with parametes. Translate link targets had no effect.

September 11, 2024 at 2:12 pm
September 11, 2024 at 3:05 pm #16167118

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hey there,

Can you please share a copy of your website with me? Here are the details on how to do that:
https://wpml.org/pt-br/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I've enabled the field, so you can share the link privately. With the copy, I can look for conflicts without risking anything on your live website.

Regards,
Lucas.

September 16, 2024 at 10:08 am
September 16, 2024 at 1:34 pm #16184277

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hey,

I'd like to check that directly, but access is not available anymore. Can you please share it again? I'll try to create the copy using other plugins.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

IMPORTANT

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:

hidden link

September 16, 2024 at 3:30 pm
September 16, 2024 at 6:21 pm #16185293

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Hey there, thanks for sharing access again.

Can you please install the All In One WP Migration plugin and let me know? I'm not allowed to install plugins with my access.

September 17, 2024 at 7:16 am #16186340

amigosS

Hello, just installed and activated it. Let me know if all is OK
But If you need to install one, you have to go on the multisite site dashboard and I think you can.

September 17, 2024 at 2:45 pm #16189389

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

I apologize for the back and forth. I only need a copy of your website, hidden link. I was unable to access the AIO WP Migration plugin. Can you please create one for me and share a Google Drive link to it?

I've enabled the private fields once more.

September 17, 2024 at 4:12 pm
September 17, 2024 at 6:21 pm #16190164

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Hey there,

Unfortunately the link you sent isn't available for me. Is it possible to send it via Google Drive, One Drive or perhaps WeTransfer?

Again, I've enabled the private fields. Regarding your question, I just need the copy of the amigosskateshop website, so I think it might work. Let me know.

September 18, 2024 at 1:12 pm #16193265

amigosS

Hello, yes the link is wrong cause I can't send it to you (I just fill the field to be able to send the message). The plugin you want to use needs a subscription to pro version to be used on a multisite, see the screenshot I sent in my previous message.

September 18, 2024 at 1:58 pm #16193515

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

There must be something on your website or implementation causing that. I've used both plugins to create packages previously without the need of a PRO version.

Let's try another strategy. Can you please create a staging version of amigosskateshop for me?

You can use the hidden link plugin. Let me know. I appreciate your patience. I need access to a copy so I can further debug.

September 18, 2024 at 3:37 pm #16194497

amigosS

Hello, this is the same problem for those 3 plugins : they support multisite only if you have a pro version. As you can see on the link you sent fo WP Staging (see attachment)

Capture d’écran 2024-09-18 à 17.37.12.png
September 18, 2024 at 6:05 pm #16194980

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Hey there,

Can I have access to the main website? I managed to get a PRO license of Duplicator, internally, so we can move forward with analyzing your website 🙂

Thanks for understanding. Private fields are enabled.