Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
If you're experiencing issues where the attribute orientation changes when switching languages on your website, such as from 'XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL' in English to 'L, M, S, XL, XS, XXL' in Arabic or French, we can help.
Solution:
We recommend checking the order of attributes in the original language. You can adjust the order by navigating to Products > Attributes in your dashboard. Here, ensure the attributes are arranged as desired for the primary language, as this order will be reflected when editing the translation product page. This adjustment should resolve the issue on the frontend.

If this solution does not apply to your case, or if it seems outdated, please visit our known issues page and verify that you have the latest versions of themes and plugins installed. If the problem persists, we highly recommend opening a new support ticket here.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.61 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
August 26, 2024 at 6:48 am #16102410

khurshidA-3

Background of the issue:
On my website, the primary language is English, and I have two other languages: Arabic and French. In English, the attribute orientation is 'XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL'.

Symptoms:
When I change to other languages like Arabic or French, the orientation changes to 'L, M, S, XL, XS, XXL', which I don't want.

Questions:
How can I prevent the attribute orientation from changing when translating to other languages?

August 26, 2024 at 7:43 am #16102932

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi,

Here is the forum ticket. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to have a testing site where the issue is replicated. Your next reply is set to private to share the info.

❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding ❌
You can use this plugin to create the backup: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme to change configurations on the site if needed. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks

August 27, 2024 at 1:43 am #16107048

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

I found the issue. The order of attributes when editing the translation product page will follow the order when you edit the attribute from Products > Attributes. You can re-order them to fix the issue in the frontend. Please check the attached screenshots.

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks

Élégance intemporelle, artisanat exquis : le luxueux Takshita – Maison Ahmed 2024-08-27 08-41-03.jpg
Product Size ‹ Maison Ahmed — WordPress 2024-08-27 08-37-02.png
August 27, 2024 at 12:48 pm #16110006

khurshidA-3

Yes sir, the main issue is resolved thank you so much for this. It's Work fine

August 28, 2024 at 1:00 am #16112330

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Feel free to contact us again if you have any questions.

Thanks and have a good day.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.