Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
July 10, 2023 at 9:56 am #13976501

robinM-25

we were in a chat just now which i asked to keep open because our dev was working on it. it was regarding the buddypress wpml plugin whcih was confliciting with our site, you told me to increase php max to 600

we did this, no result

can you please assist? where is the chat option gone?

best,

Robin

ps title of last chat was: 'PHP fatal error max_execution_time'

July 10, 2023 at 11:21 am #13977855

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting WPML support.

I've checked your debug information and I could see that you've adjusted the server resources.

Since the issue persists, I would need to take a closer look at your site. So I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons, and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/plugin for these backup needs.

Your following answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site if required. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Also, I noticed that your MySQL version is below the plugin minimum requirements as described at: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/ . Kindly contact your hosting provider and ask them to update the MySQL version to 5.6+ for you.

July 10, 2023 at 5:33 pm #14008855

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I don't see any issues here hidden link when I inspected your Website. Could you please list the steps to replicate the issue so that I could check this out for you?

July 10, 2023 at 7:09 pm #14009117

robinM-25

When I open a membership page I get this error (hidden link). I tried to increase the maximum execution time but I get the same error. But when I disable the \"BuddyPress Multilingual\" Plugin, it all works fine. There seems to be an issue with this plugin in our website.

membership examples that are not working in combination with the wpml buddypress plugin:

hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

and many more

it doesn't load.. gives an endless white screen. if you turn off wpml buddypress it works..

Please can you tell me what is the issue and how to solve this?

Best,

Robin

July 11, 2023 at 5:08 pm #14017329

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I could see the issue you had there. Could you please update all WPML and also the BuddyBoss Platform plugin? I could see some connection issues with WPML servers as shown here hidden link .

Please backup before you update. Then, once updated, please try again and see if it works.

July 13, 2023 at 11:06 am #14031511

robinM-25

We did this, issue still prevails and is not fixed.. can you look into this please?

hidden link is the new dev site.. since we could not get buddyboss active on our previous dev url..

login details are the same still

July 14, 2023 at 6:46 pm #14041275

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I could see the issue after activating "BuddyPress Multilingual" plugin. The pages below will not load.

hidden link

hidden link

hidden link

and the error logs are

[14-Jul-2023 18:08:49 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 2147483648 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /home/phoodfrm/member.dev.phoodfarm.org/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/collect/src/Illuminate/Support/Traits/Macroable.php on line 56

Sorry, I would need to escalate this further to our 2nd Tier Support so that they could continue with the troubleshooting but would a snapshot of your Website. Can I have your permission to create a snapshot on my own?

We usually recommend the free Plugin “Duplicator” for this purpose.

If you already know how Duplicator works ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/),please skip the following steps and just send me the archive file you downloaded.

★ Duplicator Instructions hidden link https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

If the file is too large (more than 400M), please use the Duplicator file filters to remove the cache, the wp-uploads directory, the media, and the archive files.

Send me the link to the archive file (you probably want to use Google Drive, Dropbox, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big).

Your next reply will be private, which means that only you and I will be able to see it and have access to it.

You can paste the link to the file there.

Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site.

July 18, 2023 at 4:11 pm #14060913

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, I need to show our 2nd Tier Support that the pages that you're referring to are working when BuddyPress Multilingual is deactivated.

I've checked these three pages below and it's not opening even though BuddyPress Multilingual is deactivated. Could you share a couple of pages that are working when BuddyPress Multilingual is deactivated?

hidden link

hidden link

hidden link

July 18, 2023 at 7:30 pm #14061873

robinM-25

I will let you know, bare with me

July 19, 2023 at 7:38 am #14062877

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

Please let me know how it goes.

July 19, 2023 at 10:01 am #14064575

robinM-25

these are a selection of the links that don't work when 'buddypress multilingual' plugin is activated:

Can you look at below URLs.

hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

July 19, 2023 at 6:27 pm #14068013

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your patience.

I've escalated this to our 2nd Tier support and I will come back to you once I've feedback.

July 20, 2023 at 3:24 pm #14073963

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I have feedback and please backup before you make the changes below.

Access your server files and locate this file wp-content/plugins/buddypress-multilingual/includes/class.filters.php

change from:

remove_filter( 'icl_ls_languages', array($this, 'icl_ls_languages_filter') );

to:

remove_filter( 'icl_ls_languages', array($this, 'icl_ls_languages_filter'), 99 );

Then, retry to load the page and see if it fixes it. We've tested it on our staging site and it works, so this fix will be included in the next update.

July 24, 2023 at 10:00 am #14087983

robinM-25

ok, thanks, this works..

So instead of having to add this manually, you will include it into next update, so then we won't have to add it manuallly right?

thanks,

July 24, 2023 at 10:01 am #14087989

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, that's correct. This fix will be included in the future updates.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.