Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqas Bin Hasan 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Waqas Bin Hasan.

Author Posts
August 22, 2023 at 1:09 am #14267313

jasmijnK

WPML keeps redirecting webpages with similar meta title to the first page similar to it. For example, it redirects hidden link to hidden link, hidden link to hidden link, and so on.

How do I stop this redirect issue? I figured that this issue exists on pages with similar meta titles.

August 22, 2023 at 11:01 am #14270213

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the support.

Can you please provide some working URLs for observation? I tried the ones you mentioned but I can only see Page Not Found error page.

On the other hand, I'll advise the followings for a starter:

Before proceeding further, may I ask you to try the following?

IMPORTANT: Take full backup of your website and database beforehand. It is highly advised to try the following on a staging/dev site first, so your live website isn't compromised.

- Fix “WP Memory Limit” to at least 128MB while 256MB is recommended. See https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/ for detailed information. You can set this in your wp-config.php file by adding following code:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Remember to add these lines before the line where it says:
/* That's all, stop editing! Happy publishing. */

- Switch to a standard WordPress theme like 2021 or 2023.
- Deactivate all plugins except WPML and its addons and check for the issue.
- Activate each plugin one-by-one, while keeping check on the issue after a plugin is activated. This way you'll be able to pinpoint a plugin having a conflict (or problem), if any.

Please let me know and I'll try my best to further help you on the matter.

Regards.

September 1, 2023 at 8:51 am #14325225

jasmijnK

I have these links hidden link, hidden link, hidden link, hidden link, hidden link redirecting to hidden link

They are all different posts, but with the same meta title. Please let me know why this is happening because we don't want this.

September 1, 2023 at 12:31 pm #14326535

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for the updates.

I can see these links at hidden link in the listings under "Bekijk gezinnen bij jou in de buurt".

Can you please try with a minimal setup as mentioned in my previous message and see if it still happens?

Also, can you create these listings in default language? Then translate properly and see if issue is still there?

Looking forward.

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML Redirect Issues’ is closed to new replies.