Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was experiencing issues with translating image texts using WPML. The texts on the left side to be translated appeared in the same language as the target language, making translation from French to French impossible.
Solution:
We recommended checking if the WPML SEO add-on is installed by following the documentation at https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-wordpress-seo-with-wpml/. Additionally, we suggested troubleshooting steps that involved:
1. Ensuring the translation was marked as 'in progress' and then duplicating the content.
2. Navigating to WPML->Support->Troubleshooting.
3. Running several actions:

Clear WPML cache

synchronize local job ids with ATE ids

Synchronize translators and translation managers with ATE

Set language information

Cleanup and optimize string tables

These steps resolved the issue of incorrect language display in the Advanced Translation Editor (ATE).

If this solution does not apply to your case, or if it seems outdated, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If issues persist, please open a new support ticket at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.73 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 25 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
July 11, 2024 at 5:47 pm #15936944

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Got it, thank you for sharing this information!

This "made a small change on the original English page, and tried WPML translation editor" will typically trigger for the entries to be updated and if anything was changed or missing before is added in the ATE editor.

However, your results are not normal, the content should not be in French under English.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to test the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

**Before we proceed It is necessary to take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website. Providing us with access, you agree that a backup has been taken **

I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you enter is private which means only you and I have access to it.

NOTE: If access to the live site is not possible and the staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin.

Thank you,
Bobby

July 11, 2024 at 7:18 pm #15937327

ronaldT-5

BTW, I have also tried the following:

- Swap theme
- Disable plugins

July 12, 2024 at 8:23 pm #15944473

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the access details!

Interesting issue.

What I noticed was that even though the EN side was showing FR, in the Elementor editor when checking the Title,atl, description of the image it was correctly set to EN

Same when viewing the content in the front end, the EN version did not display any FR (I could verify by inspecting the HTML)

The FR version was also showing correctly.

What I did to resolve:

1. Since the translation was 'in progress' (gear icon), I finished it by "duplicating" the FR content into FR.
2. WPML->Support->Troubleshooting
3. Run the actions:

Clear WPML cache
synchronize local job ids with ATE ids
Synchronize translators and translation managers with ATE
Set language information
Cleanup and optimize string tables.

This seems to have resolved the issue.

Screen Shot 2024-07-12 at 1.19.32 PM.png
July 12, 2024 at 11:48 pm #15944990

ronaldT-5

Hmmm, why didn't I think of doing that??? Thanks a lot. I hope it won't happen with other pages. I will find out tomorrow.

July 15, 2024 at 5:39 pm #15956021

Bobby
Supporter

I am glad it's working let me know if any other pages had this issue.

July 15, 2024 at 5:44 pm #15956097

ronaldT-5

I ended up having to make changes to the English pages. So, translations have been postponed for now. Maybe next week.

July 15, 2024 at 6:00 pm #15956126

Bobby
Supporter

That sounds good, let us know when ready if any more assistance is needed with this specific issue.

Have a great day.

July 18, 2024 at 1:57 am #15969100

ronaldT-5

Can I reopen it later on after clicking on My Issue is resolved? I have for at least one week of English page work to do before I can retest it.

July 18, 2024 at 6:51 pm #15974301

Bobby
Supporter

The ticket might close automatically after a few days of inactivity but you can open a new ticket and reference this one, it will be listed in your profile.

July 25, 2024 at 1:29 am #16000819

ronaldT-5

I shall pursue translating my site pages over the weekend. I will know then if everything is fine now.

July 26, 2024 at 5:51 pm #16009570

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for updating me!

July 28, 2024 at 8:57 pm #16012612

ronaldT-5

The wrong language issue has not come back.

ronaldT-5 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-07-28 20:57:28.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.