Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
You are unable to view comments under individual language filters in the WordPress admin dashboard, and comments are not visible on the website across any language versions, despite being approved and visible when viewing 'All Languages'.
Solution:
If you're experiencing this issue, we recommend you follow these steps:
1. Ensure you create a backup of your website, or ideally, test this on a staging version of your site to avoid any disruptions.
2. Navigate to your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Support > Troubleshooting and click on the "Remove ghost entries from the translation tables".
3. Execute the following SQL command on your database:

DELETE FROM `np_icl_translations` WHERE `element_type` = 'comment';

Please try these steps and if the issue persists or the solution seems outdated or irrelevant to your case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If needed, do not hesitate to open a new support ticket for further assistance at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.85 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christopher Amirian 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author Posts
June 10, 2024 at 2:06 pm

witoldS-5

Background of the issue:
I am trying to view comments in the WordPress admin dashboard under individual language filters. The comments are only visible when I select the 'All Languages' option. Additionally, comments are not visible on the website itself across any language versions. This issue persists despite the comments being approved and visible in the admin panel when viewing 'All Languages.' Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

Symptoms:
Comments are not visible under individual language filters in the WordPress admin dashboard. Comments are also not visible on the website itself across any language versions, despite being approved and visible in the admin panel when viewing 'All Languages.'

Questions:
How can I make comments visible under individual language filters in the WordPress admin dashboard?
Why are comments not appearing on the website itself across any language versions despite being approved?

June 10, 2024 at 2:44 pm
June 10, 2024 at 2:53 pm #15722821

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi there,

As per our chat, I installed the proper plugin and a setup on our server and the copy process of the website is started.

We will get back to you if we have an update.

Thanks.

June 10, 2024 at 3:50 pm #15723085

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi there,

The website is copied and I could not find the reason why this is happening:

hidden link

I reported this to the second-tier support.

I will get back to you as soon as I have an update. It will take time.

Thank you.

June 17, 2024 at 3:29 pm #15746304

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi there,

I have an answer form the second tier support.

Would you please follow the steps below?

- IMPORTANT STEP! Create a backup of your website. Or better approach will be to test this on a copy/staging version of the website to avoid any disruption of a live website.

- Make sure you have a backup of the website.
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Support > Troubleshooting (link)
- Click the "Remove ghost entries from the translation tables".
- After that please perform the SQL command below on your database:

DELETE FROM `wp_icl_translations`
WHERE `element_type` = 'comment';

Switch wp_ in wp_icl_translations with the prefix you use in your database.

Thanks.

witoldS-5 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-06-20 10:29:56.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.