Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client reported that forms on their website were displaying in English on both language versions, despite having translations available in Serbian.
Solution:
We discovered that the issue was due to the client using an older version of the WPML plugins. We recommended updating these plugins to the latest version. After the update, the forms displayed correctly in the respective languages.

If this solution does not resolve your issue, or if it seems outdated or irrelevant to your case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the problem persists, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
June 5, 2024 at 1:50 pm #15707219

markoV-7

We have a problem on the page hidden link, it shows the forms in English in both languages, although we have translated them into Serbian... can you help us? It should display everything in Serbian in the default language, but it still displays in English

June 5, 2024 at 2:04 pm #15707354

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

Please let me know how these forms are created.

Also, please try the following steps:

1- Go to WPML-> Theme and plugins localization, select your theme/plugin, and scan
2- Go to WPML-> String Translation
3- Scroll down and click on the "Translate texts in admin screens »" link
4- Search for the needed strings
5- Select the strings
6- Click on the "Add to String Translation" button
7- Then click on the "« Return to String Translation" link
8- Translate the strings, clear the cache, and check the front end

Kindly check our guide to know more about translating texts in the admin texts screen. (https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/)

Best regards,
Osama

June 5, 2024 at 2:55 pm #15707751

markoV-7

Hi,
We use the following plugin
hidden link
And Classima theme...

We have tried the above but could not find and fix the problem

June 5, 2024 at 3:35 pm #15707908

markoV-7

Hi,
We did everything as you wrote but we could not locate it, also when going to string translation, the translation exists but is not displayed, which can be seen for example Username or E-mail

Snimak ekrana 2024-06-05 173455.png
Snimak ekrana 2024-06-05 173415.png
June 5, 2024 at 4:09 pm #15708052

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for your update. I would need to look closely at your site, so I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP)
Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated.

Your answer will be private, meaning only you and I can access it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I need your permission to deactivate and reactivate the plugins and themes and change site configurations. This is also why the backup is critical.

✙ I also need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the issue without affecting your live site.

Best regards,
Osama

June 6, 2024 at 7:47 am #15709588

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the access details. I tried some workarounds with no luck. Please log in to this sandbox site and install your theme/plugin that creates these forms. (hidden link)

After that, please try to translate them to replicate the issue. If the issue is reproducible, please let me know the steps to reproduce it so I can consult our compatibility team.

Best regards,
Osama

June 6, 2024 at 8:51 am #15709906

markoV-7

Hi, done
but i cant find and translate forms on page
hidden link

June 6, 2024 at 9:51 am #15710123

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for replicating the issue. I've consulted our compatibility team, and I'll update you as soon as they reply.

Best regards,
Osama

June 6, 2024 at 9:54 am #15710140

markoV-7

Thank you

June 6, 2024 at 3:09 pm #15712229

markoV-7

Also,
now there is a problem that the pages are not displayed in English, it gives me a 404 error. Post type page only. For example, the home page when switched to English shows 404. Are you doing something on the site and it doesn't work or...?
hidden link

June 6, 2024 at 8:33 pm #15713241

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

We didn't change or work on your site, and I checked some pages. All of them opened without issues.

Please let me know if you face the same issue and let me know the steps to reproduce this issue.

Best regards,
Osama

June 7, 2024 at 2:22 pm #15717073

markoV-7

Hi,
still cant translate login/register form to another language.

June 7, 2024 at 3:31 pm #15717332

markoV-7

We have a problem on the page hidden link, it shows the forms in English in both languages, although we have translated them into Serbian... can you help us? It should display everything in Serbian in the default language, but it still displays in English

also we try yor souliton
but i cant find and translate forms on page
hidden link

June 7, 2024 at 6:15 pm #15717624

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Our compatibility team has found that the strings are translated correctly on the sandbox site. Please check the profile page using a private window. (hidden link)

Following these steps, please check if the issue persists in a minimal environment on your site.

1- Deactivate all the plugins except those active ones on the sandbox site.
2- Switch to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Twenty-one.

If the issue is gone, activate them one by one to see which one is causing an interaction issue.

❌ Please backup your database before performing the above test ❌

Best regards,
Osama

June 7, 2024 at 6:55 pm #15717668

markoV-7

Hi,
i did everything as you said, deactivated all plugins and left only the ones you asked for, switched to theme, cleared cache and still not showing the translation - si attached image

In this correspondence you can see that there is a translation:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/login-register-form-wont-translate/#post-15707908

full.png
markoV-7 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-06-12 11:43:32.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.