Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.66 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Lauren.

Author Posts
April 16, 2020 at 3:52 pm #5925175

Anonymous

Hi

The content of the two carousel widgets (affected sections are contribution and testimonial) is not displayed in English on the English page (default language is German)

Login info:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/several-issues-with-wpml-and-elementor-pro/#post-5912981

Have a good day

Anne

April 18, 2020 at 1:06 pm #5939153

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Do the carousel fields show up in the Translation Editor when you translate the page where the carousel exists? I have seen a few other tickets related to issues with Elementor carousel widgets. Perhaps if you try the fixes mentioned here, the carousel fields will allow you to translate them?
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/problem-with-image-carousel-in-elementor/
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/elementor-pro-media-carousel-widget-not-translating-urls-automatically/

If these ticket solutions do not resolve the issue, please let me know and I will be happy to further troubleshoot.

April 22, 2020 at 1:29 pm #5968841

Anonymous

Hi Lauren
Thank you for the links. I have no problem with the url but with the content that does not show up translated. (I translated the content of corse.) In an article you sent me: In the end they wrote that it is a compatibility issue but to me it seems that they talked about the Carousel Widget from Elementor Pro. I use the "Premium Carousel Widget from Premium Addons for Elementor" because the Carousel Widget from Elementor is not sufficient for my purpose.

I am a greenhorn to WPML and this "Premium Carousel Widget" is the central element of my website and I am currently running out of the test version of WPML. I need to know very quickly if this issue can be fixed or not. I put already a lot of effort in translating my page, but if it will not work I have to stop WPML. Could you please help me with this? Is it necessary to contact the developers?

Kindly

Anne

April 22, 2020 at 10:07 pm #5972297

Lauren
Supporter

I see, so you are not using the standard elementor widget. I'm going to need to look further into this to determine if the two are compatible. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

April 23, 2020 at 5:59 pm #5980539

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for sending credentials. I was able to login but I don't see any pages/posts in draft with the carousel. Can you tell me where you are trying to add it where you can't see it translated? Perhaps you could create a test post/page and recreate the issue there so that I can further troubleshoot? Just let me know which page to edit where I can see the carousel and test some settings. Thanks!

April 24, 2020 at 7:14 am #5983519

Anonymous

Hi Lauren

You can find it under pages > annelehner > and then scroll down to "Beiträge". There it is. The second carousel widget element is when you further scroll down to the "Testimonial" part. It should be easy since it is a small one page website. I added screenshots of how the elements look like that you can find it faster.

I never built a testing environment. I have first to find out how this works.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-24 um 09.13.45.png
Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-24 um 09.12.34.png
April 24, 2020 at 5:03 pm #5988765

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks so much for clarifying. I can see that the translations are not showing on the front end. I would like to confirm on a fresh install that this plugin is not compatible, so that then I can escalate this ticket to our compatibilty team, and they will be able to contact the plugin author to hopefully get these two working together. I have set up a staging site and installed Elementor and WPML. Please use this URL to login hidden link

Please install the carousel plugin that you are using, and I can then try to reproduce the issue and escalate if we are able to. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

April 28, 2020 at 9:21 am #6009765

Anonymous

Hi Lauren
Thank you for the link.

-I installed and activated the Hello theme on the testing webisite.
-I installed "Premium Addons for Elementor"
-I added the premium carousel widget on the test page
-I created a test section under templates (that will be displayed in the carousel)

Now you have everything you need to reproduce the issue. I hope this can soon be resolved.

Kindly

Anne

April 28, 2020 at 4:26 pm #6014051

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks so much for helping me get that set up on the test site. I found that if I went to WPML -> String Translation and below the table I checked the box "Look for strings while pages are rendered". Then I reloaded the sample page. After this, I was able to find the test content in String Translation and translate it from there. Lastly, I unchecked that option to find the strings and the translation still appeared on the frontend. Please see attached screenshots. Can you test this on your live site and let me know if it works there as well with this method?

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 12.25.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 12.24.05 PM.png
April 29, 2020 at 9:02 am #6018735

Anonymous

Sorry, I am not able to see it (see screenshot)...

Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-29 um 11.01.39.png
April 29, 2020 at 2:12 pm #6022345

Lauren
Supporter

In the screenshot that you provided, there is nothing in the search field. On the test site, search for "Test section" (without the quotes). On your live site, search for some part of the content that you have in your live slides and see if it appears in the String Translation table.

April 29, 2020 at 4:10 pm #6023285

Anonymous

Hi Lauren
I did that. "ESSEN & TRINKEN", "Sauerkraut" and "Eis am Stiel" they appear all as translated. I would not have opened a ticket if I had not checked that. I am not sure if I understand you correctly.

When I enter "Carousel" or "Testimonial" (first part of the name of the sections) in the search field, it does not appear. I find that strange. Is this not also a string that should be translated?

Could you please have a look on my actual side to clarify missunderstandings?

Thanks.

April 29, 2020 at 9:08 pm #6024927

Lauren
Supporter

I don't see the same string appear on your live site. In the test site, the Test Section content shows in the widget domain in the widget body. Your live site doesn't show the string in the widget domain. So I'm not able to reproduce.

The other thing I noticed is that the test carousel section in the staging site is using a text element and the live site shows a title element for the content. Perhaps this could be the difference? Please log in to the test site and create the same type of carousel slide you have in the live site, with the title instead of text widget, and video, so that we can make sure we try to reproduce the exact issue. Thanks for your assistance with troubleshooting.

May 1, 2020 at 2:52 pm #6038531

Anonymous

Hi Lauren

I cannot open the template folder (see attachement). Also when I followed the link to the test site, I had to try several times. It was always the attached error message.

I am starting to loose my patience since this issue is still ongoing and it is not even clear what caused it. Because of that, I have only around 4 days left to decide if I want my money back or not. Will there be a solution or do I have to quit WPML? My site depends on those two carousels.

Kindly
Anne

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-01 um 16.41.14.png
May 1, 2020 at 6:52 pm #6039837

Lauren
Supporter

Sorry about that, we apparently had an issue with our staging server earlier. I wasn't able to get to the site test site earlier, but I am now. I certainly understand your frustration, and I was hoping to be able to easily reproduce this issue on the clean install so that we could send to compatibility. But I need to figure out the difference between your live site and the fresh install, since I'm not seeing the same behaviors there. Could you try now to create the exact same template that is on your live site, only in the test site? I'm able to login now.

As for the refund limit, I can't guarantee that we can get this resolved in 4 days, especially if we end up finding it is a compatibility issue that needs assistance from the plugin author. What you could do is request the refund to make sure you don't miss that deadline. This does not mean that you can't use WPML, it only means you can't do the update if you don't have a current account. So then, once we are able to resolve the issue, you can sign up again. I realize that is not the most convenient, however, it is the best option to insure you don't miss that expiration for a refund.

Let me know once you have the test carousel that looks like the one in your site and I'll test it from there. Since the translation is working in the test site, I'm confident we will be able to find a resolution, it just may take more than 4 days. It's hard to say how long until I can determine where the problem is coming from. I very much appreciate your continued patience.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.