Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user is translating content on the website, and despite translating everything into Greek, the 'previous' and 'next' words in blog posts remain untranslated.
Solution:
We recommend performing a site backup first. Then, navigate to WPML>>String Translation and enable the 'Look for strings while pages are rendered' option in the 'Auto register strings for translation' section at the bottom of the screen. After enabling this, visit the frontend pages to see if the issue persists. This setting will automatically disable after a few hours but is useful for identifying and resolving similar issues. For more details, visit our guide on finding and translating strings.

If this solution does not apply to your case, or if it seems outdated, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. Should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to open a new support ticket at our support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 1 day, 21 hours ago.

Assisted by: Bigul.

Author Posts
September 27, 2024 at 11:07 am #16229483

dimitriosK-2

Background of the issue:
in hidden link i am using WPML to translate content. I have already searched into string translation and translated everything into Greek.

Symptoms:
Inside a blog post, the 'previous' and 'next' words are not translated into Greek; they remain in English.

Questions:
Why are the 'previous' and 'next' words not translated in the blog post despite translating everything into Greek in string translation?

September 27, 2024 at 1:25 pm #16230049

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

Normally we can translate the *Previous* and *Next* string from WPML String Translation.

Please visit WPML>>String Translation after a site backup and enable the *Look for strings while pages are rendered* option of *Auto register strings for translation* section(on the bottom of the screen). Then visit the frontend pages and check whether the issue exists or not. This option will be disabled in a couple of hours automatically. But will help us to track the issue in similar cases.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/#enable-auto-register-strings

--
Thanks!

Bigul

dimitriosK-2 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-09-27 13:38:30.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.