Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 18:00 15:00 – 18:00 15:00 – 18:00 15:00 – 18:00 15:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 23 hours, 54 minutes ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
September 27, 2024 at 10:48 am #16229469

benjaminJ-4

<b>Background of the issue: </b>
We have used automatic translation on our site hidden link, but no matter what we try, we cannot 'Approve translation reviews' properly. We usually produce a lot of WPML sites and follow the same process that usually works fine. Here is an administrator user, so you can investigate: [removed]
<b>Symptoms: </b>
The translations change their status to complete, and everything looks okay in the backend, including the menu translation. However, the page content itself will not show their translations and displays the native (Danish) language instead of English.

<b>Questions: </b>
Why won't the page content show the translations and instead displays the native (Danish) language?
What could be causing the 'Approve translation reviews' to not work properly?

September 28, 2024 at 5:29 am #16231567

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support.

I understand the issue you're having and would be happy to help, but before proceeding, I'd like to inform you that as it is a public forum, please don't share any sensitive information related to your site directly in public response. If we need any information such as access to debug info, we will enable a private box for you so that you can securely share the access. I hope you can understand.

Since you've provided access, I checked and it seems that the issue on the translated page seems to be caused by translating content before the "String Translation" plugin was installed. When I made a small change to the default page and updated the translation, the translated content started displaying correctly on the frontend. Please take a look at this screenshot: hidden link.

Here's what I did to resolve the issue with reviewing the translation and displaying the content correctly on the frontend:

1. I went to "WPML > Support > Troubleshooting".
2. Then, I clicked the following buttons to ensure the translation and translation editor were properly synchronized:
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Fix WPML tables collation
- Synchronize local job IDs with ATE jobs
- Synchronize translators and translation managers with ATE
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Set language information
- Fix post type assignment for translations

3. After that, I opened the default page in the WordPress editor, made a small change, and updated the translation. Please check this screenshot: hidden link.
4. I went to "WPML > Translations Queue" to review and approve the translation. It was approved without any issues. Please check this screenshot: hidden link.

Please update the translation for the other pages by making a small change to each one. This should ensure that the translations appear correctly on the frontend. Before proceeding, be sure to clear the cache from both the site and your browser.

Please give it a try and let me know how it goes. I'll be happy to help if you need further assistance in this matter.

Best regards,
Prosenjit