Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 3 days, 23 hours ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
September 26, 2024 at 12:02 am #16222672

centro-brasileiro-de-estudos-d

Background of the issue:
I have a post-based website at hidden link. I am translating content from Spanish to Portuguese using WPML. I haven't yet translated all posts.

Symptoms:
In the translated version, the text disappears on category pages, although images display correctly. This issue occurs when viewing posts on category pages like 'capitulos' or 'biblioteca' in Portuguese.

Questions:
Why does the text disappear on category pages in the translated version?
How can I ensure that text appears correctly on category pages after translation?

September 26, 2024 at 4:05 am #16222953

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hi,

It seems that the minimum requirements are not met on the server:
https://wpml.org/en/home/minimum-requirements/

Could you please increase the WordPress memory limit (WP Memory Limit) to at least 256 MB? WPML requires at least 128M.

Your current values ​​are:

PHP Memory Limit 600M

WP Memory Limit 40M

You need to connect to your website's server and open the wp-config.php file in a text editor. The file is located in the WordPress root directory.

Add this code to the wp-config.php file to increase WordPress memory:

define ('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Add this just before this comment:

// That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging.

The current values ​​can be viewed under WPML > Support > WordPress.

These settings can be restricted directly by your hosting provider. Therefore, I recommend contacting them and asking them to change them directly if the changes are not applied immediately.

Now, please reivse if the issue persists and let me know if further assistance is needed.

Best regards
Andreas