Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 day, 8 hours ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
September 26, 2024 at 10:12 pm #16227606

kateR

Background of the issue:
I am trying to finish translations for the page "Events" into English, French, Italian, and Spanish and to include the page into the language-related menus. The issue can be seen at hidden link.

Symptoms:
1) Missing translated content in the translation editor. All content was translated before. 2) The progress bar in the translation editor showed a value around 87%. But all texts have been translated and saved in the editor before. 3) The page is visible as translated in the WP dashboard. But it has no valid URL but still an interim URL. 4) The page is not available in the menu section and cannot be included into the translated menus. EN: hidden link FR: hidden link IT: hidden link ES: hidden link

Questions:
Why is the translated content missing in the translation editor?
Why does the progress bar show 87% even though all texts have been translated and saved?
Why does the translated page have an interim URL instead of a valid URL?
Why is the translated page not available in the menu section and cannot be included in the translated menus?

September 27, 2024 at 6:15 am #16228152

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Do I understand right, that for some reason it is not possible to complete the translations for this page inside the WPML Translation Editor?

If so, I would like to offer to have a closer look at the problem and request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to the website to investigate this issue further.

You can find the required fields below the comment section when you log in to leave the next reply. The information you provide is private, which means only you and I can see and access it.

IMPORTANT
Please be sure to make a backup copy of the website and database before allowing us access.
If you can't see the wp-admin / FTP fields, your post and website credentials are set as PUBLIC. DO NOT publish the data unless you see the required wp-admin / FTP fields.

I may have to install a plugin called "All In One WP Migration" to make a copy of the website where I can investigate the issue further.

However, I would also be very grateful if you could provide a staging site or copy of the website from your server yourself for this purpose. This step would only be required if the issue is replicable on such a staging site.

If you have any questions about creating such a staging site, you can consult your hosting provider. Just take note that WPML should be registered on this site again.

If you are unable to provide such a copy of the site for testing, please let me know on this ticket.

The private response form looks like this:
hidden link

Next time you reply, click "I still need assistance."

Video:
hidden link

Please note that we are obliged to request this information individually on each ticket. We may not access any access information not specifically submitted on this ticket in the private response form.

Best regards
Andreas

September 27, 2024 at 8:31 pm #16231227

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

1) Missing translated content in the translation editor. All content was translated before.
- I can not confirm this on the provided site. Please name me an exact example.

2) The progress bar in the translation editor showed a value around 87%. But all texts have been translated and saved in the editor before.
- The events page translated to 100% into all languages and the status of the jobs is "Completed".

3) The page is visible as translated in the WP dashboard. But it has no valid URL but still an interim URL.
- This is expected as long the translated pages are not published. It might be that when you started those translations for the first time, the original content was still a draft. You need to publish the translated pages manually in this case.

4) The page is not available in the menu section and cannot be included into the translated menus.
- This should get solved once the pages are published. Use WPML > WP Menus Sync to create the menus for each language automatically.

Let me know if further assistance is needed.

Best regards
Andreas