Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.29 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqas Bin Hasan 3 days, 8 hours ago.

Assisted by: Waqas Bin Hasan.

Author Posts
September 13, 2024 at 9:01 am

emmanuelT-10

Background of the issue:
I am trying to change the links inside a UAGB container for the proper link in Spanish from the WPML editor, but it doesn't change on the frontend. I also changed it manually from the site page editor, and it works temporarily, but after some hours, the links change back to the English version. URL: hidden link

Symptoms:
The category links on the slider carousel container do not reflect the changes and revert to the English version after some time.

Questions:
Why do the links inside the UAGB container revert to the English version after some time?
How can I ensure the links remain in Spanish on the frontend?

September 13, 2024 at 10:02 am
September 13, 2024 at 11:46 am #16175397

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Reference to our recent chat, I'm still looking into the issue. However, I need sometime to properly investigate and come up with a solution.

I'll get back to you on Monday.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Regards.

September 16, 2024 at 5:13 am #16181212

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

I'm wondering that your provided access information has been removed from the ticket.

I need to take a closer look at your site. So I request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP), preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated.

Your next answer will be private, to share this information safely.

Also provide detailed steps to reproduce the issue and links to pages in the admin and on the frontend.

IMPORTANT: Please take a complete backup of the site to avoid data loss. I may need to activate/deactivate plugins also.

See https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/ for details on privacy and security.

September 23, 2024 at 4:09 pm
September 24, 2024 at 7:13 am #16212626

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for the access, I am working on this and 'll get back to you as soon as I find something or have a solution.

Please note that we don't have any arrangements to communicate on the emails other than on your wpml.org profile, via replying to this ticket.

September 25, 2024 at 8:06 am #16218729

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

I've tried all possible things in your staging site and looks like there's a compatibility problem between this UAGB container block and WPML.

I'm trying to reproduce the issue in a fresh site so I can escalate accordingly. Please allow me some time and I'll update you accordingly.

September 26, 2024 at 5:13 am #16223001

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for your patience and cooperation. I've escalated the matter to our 2nd tier team.

I'll get back to you as soon as I have more information.

September 26, 2024 at 10:42 am #16224582

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

I just wanted to update you that our team is looking into the matter, however, in the meanwhile you can fix this by going to WPML > Settings > Translate Link Targets.