Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 -
- 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 5 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Yvette.

Author Posts
July 10, 2019 at 1:44 pm #4180793

dawranM

With WPML enabled, the website runs very slow for both back and front end users. Without WPML the website is super fast.

Our website has a page with multiple items, when adding different items to the cart, the cart does not update correctly. For example, I can add 5 items to the cart but only 4 of them will appear (eventhough next to the product it says that all 5 items are added to the cart). I disabled the WPML Translation Management plugin and that fixes it only if you wait for each item to finish adding to cart before you add the next one, but visitors will for sure add the items to cart before they are finished adding because the website has become very slow due to WPML.

So if a visitor adds 3 items quickly (before they are each updated on the cart), one of them will not add to cart. With WPML disabled, even if users add it quickly all 3 items add to cart correctly. Because the website has become slow, people will definitely not wait for the item to add to cart so this needs to be fixed.

July 11, 2019 at 7:09 am #4186583

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I will be helping you now with this performance/compatibility issue.

Lauren has kindly created a sandbox site pre-installed with our current plugins and a copy of the "WooCommerce Product Table"

Unfortunately, we do not have a licesnse for this product and ask you to kindly configure and re-create a scenario that illustrates the issue that you are experiencing.

Here are the login details for this sandbox site:
Login:hidden link
Username: demo
Password: 9wP65vVFK1lz

Once the scenario is created, we can also compare the increased load time on the site to see if it is comparable to what you are experiencing.

I wait for your indication that the site has been setup with an example. Kind regards.

July 11, 2019 at 9:34 am #4187957

dawranM

Thank you, but the issue is not the with the Product Table plugin.

Even in the sandbox that has been created, if you go to Visit Site and add the items that are on the page to cart, the cart does not update correctly when adding the next item before the first circle rotation has finished. WPML makes the website load slower so the Add To Cart function is delayed which is the problem. So if we can stop the website from being so slow, and increasing the speed for adding to cart to finish, this problem will be solved

July 11, 2019 at 11:42 am #4189401

Yvette
Supporter

I´m sorry but I have to disagree.

When the " Product Table" plugin is deactivated, I can add products in rapid succession/in parallel and the cart will display the products I´ve selected.

When the " Product Table" plugin is activated, when I do the same acitons, the cart does not contain the correct products.

Even if the logic is correct when the products are added "slower" with this plugin activated, the fact remains that the problem happens when this plugin is present.

For us, this represents a compatibility issue of some kind.
Please try this yourself.

July 11, 2019 at 12:48 pm #4189879

dawranM

Please have a look at the two comparisons below (Product Table is deactivated in both scenarios).

This is with only the Woocommerce plugin active: hidden link

This is with the Woocommerce + WPML plugins active: hidden link

In the first video I added 20 products and all 20 added to cart correctly and website was not slow, adding to cart finished quickly.

In the second video when activating the translation plugins, out of the 20 items added to cart only 11 of them added successfully, the adding to cart process was slow and website also slow.

How can we fix this please because we cannot leave the website like this?

July 11, 2019 at 3:32 pm #4191509

Yvette
Supporter

OK! I can see this now. Thank you very much.

I will prepare this for escalation to our 2nd tier team who work closely with development. While I cannot give you any kind of timeframe for the resolution of this behaviour, I can encourage you to check-in from time-to-time to ask about the status.

I know this is urgent for you and I will note that in the escalated ticket - but the resolution prioritisation is out of my hands.

Do you have any further questions before I escalate this?

July 11, 2019 at 3:35 pm #4191521

dawranM

Thank you, just tell the escalation team to treat this as very urgent please because we will have 200 customers who have to use the website starting from Monday the 15th of July, so I hope this all can be fixed before that time! Thanks again

July 17, 2019 at 9:28 am #4228217

dawranM

Has there been any progress please?

July 17, 2019 at 9:38 am #4228289

Yvette
Supporter

Yes - the issue has been escalated to our developers and they will be scheduling a fix according to the prioritization of other issues.

I know that you consider this urgent and I have transmitted this message to them in the original escalated ticket.

So, in summary, it is queued for fixing but I have no visibility as to the prioirity or date that a fix will be provided.