Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.35 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by victoriaK-4 17 hours, 40 minutes ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
September 20, 2024 at 12:32 pm #16202928

victoriaK-4

Background of the issue:
I made a mistake and used Elementor instead of WordPress for a few products. Since I reverted the products to the WordPress back end, the content/description tab has disappeared from the back end of the multilingual translations. If I update the product in the multilingual translation and save, the text disappears from the front end of the website. All the WooCommerce product language pages have the text, just not the WooCommerce multilingual.

Symptoms:
The content/description tab is missing from the WooCommerce multilingual translations, causing text to disappear from the front end when updated.

Questions:
Is there anything I can do to get this tab back?
Do I need to make new products to get this tab back?

September 20, 2024 at 7:35 pm #16204009

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Please try to edit and save the original products on the WordPress Editor and then open the translation editor again.

If this does not solve the issue, it might be that a conflict between WPML/WCML and another plugin or the theme occurred.

In such case, please make a copy/staging of the website and try running the website with minimal setup to see if the problem persists:

1) Disable any additional plugins that have nothing to do with WooCommerce, WPML and WPML's add-ons.

2) If the problem goes away, start reactivating the plugins individually or activate them in small groups. This way, check where the problem occurs again to see the plugin that is causing the problem.

3) If this did not resolve the cause of the problem, please switch to a standard topic such as Twenty Twenty-One to see if the problem may be related to the topic.

Once we have been able to identify the cause, we can then attempt to replicate the issue and then escalate it internally. In this case, I provide a test site with WPML.

If you are unable to set up a copy of your website, please let me know and I will be happy to support you.

Best regards
Andreas

September 23, 2024 at 8:53 am #16208002

victoriaK-4

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I have a new staging copy of the website. I have tested to update the wordpress product in all languages and see if the description tab shows up again. It does not.

I will test to disable additonal plugins 1 by one that have nothing to do with wordpress woocommerce wpml-
I am using Elementor and elementor pro and Hello theme.
I will see if any of these things resolves the issue and get back to you to see if further investigating is needed.
thanks!

September 23, 2024 at 2:17 pm #16210265

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Please let me know if further assistance will be needed and I would be glad to have a look into this issue on your staging site.

Best regards
Andreas

September 24, 2024 at 9:10 am #16213332

victoriaK-4

Hi Andreas,

I have now tested to deactivate all the plugins that are not wpml and woocommerce. I tested another theme 2024 - the issue is still there.
Could you have a look for me?
Also - since this is a new staging site , I need to add the new wpml key. Do i delete wpml and addons and install again to add the site key? I have added it in my account in wpml.
thanks for your help

September 24, 2024 at 11:41 am #16214347

Andreas W.
Supporter

Thank you for your message and your cooperation.

There is not need to delete and reinstall WPML. Simply unregister the site at Plugins > Add new > Commercial in the top right corner (link text) and then register the site using the newly created site key.

I would like to offer to have a closer look at the problem and request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to the website to investigate this issue further.

You can find the required fields below the comment section when you log in to leave the next reply. The information you provide is private, which means only you and I can see and access it.

IMPORTANT
Please be sure to make a backup copy of the website and database before allowing us access.
If you can't see the wp-admin / FTP fields, your post and website credentials are set as PUBLIC. DO NOT publish the data unless you see the required wp-admin / FTP fields.

The private response form looks like this:
hidden link

Next time you reply, click "I still need assistance."

Video:
hidden link

Please note that we are obliged to request this information individually on each ticket. We may not access any access information not specifically submitted on this ticket in the private response form.

September 24, 2024 at 11:58 am #16214516

victoriaK-4

Please let me know how to get you the user login for the staging in a hidden link. thanks!

September 24, 2024 at 12:13 pm #16214577

Andreas W.
Supporter

Sadly, I did not recieve any login information.

The private reply form is now enabled again.

The form looks like this:
hidden link

Next time you reply, click "I still need assistance."

Video:
hidden link

September 24, 2024 at 12:23 pm #16214702

victoriaK-4

I have left all the plugins deactivated .
It is not all the products that are affected. only the ones that where using elementor.16 produects
you can check some of these products to see the issue.
urban bikepack black
urban briefcase toffee
urban breifcase balck
city bikepack xl blue

thanks

September 24, 2024 at 11:53 pm #16217770

Andreas W.
Supporter

The provided password for this username appears not to be correct.

Please verify the provided information.

The private reply form is enabled again.

September 25, 2024 at 3:28 pm #16221539

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

A question:

Please take a look into the right sidebar when editing the product "Urban Bikepack Black" on the WordPress Editor.

Here is set the WordPress Editor as translation method.

This means, it is actually unexpected that the French translation opens inside the WPML Translation Editor and this job seems to be stuck.

I see the same issue on the other mentioned products.

Do I understand right, that these products should get translated with the WPML Translation Editor instead?

If so, you need to switch the translation method on the original products.

Best regards
Andreas

translation method.jpg
September 26, 2024 at 10:24 am #16224456

victoriaK-4

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your reply.

I reviewed all the products on the website - All the products are set to WordPress Editor as translation method.

Yet all the other products except the 15 or so that had used Elementor show up in the wpml translation editior Woocommerce multilingual.

September 26, 2024 at 11:45 am #16224797

victoriaK-4

I think we have always used the wordpress editor since the beginning of using wpml. We have a developer who is a wpml expert, but he did not advise us to use the translation editor for the products.

September 26, 2024 at 5:57 pm #16227138

Andreas W.
Supporter

Ok, I am not sure why, but there was one job stuck.

I was somehow unable to cancel it. So I opened the translated products on the WordPress Editor and clicked "Update" and this seems to have solved the issue.

Please give it a test.

Do I understand correctly that you will proceed using only the WordPress Editor for creating the translations?

September 27, 2024 at 5:24 am #16228056

victoriaK-4

Hi Andreas,

Ok thank you, let me look on the staging site if I am able to see what you did and how it solved the issue. As it would be great to get this resolved.