Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 1 day, 15 hours ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
September 29, 2024 at 3:16 pm #16233416

danijelV-2

Yes, I solved category images and logo images eventually.

Now I have another translation problem.
This time on a checkout page.

I use plugin called: Croatian payment slip generator for WooCommerce
It makes it possible to pay via bank transfer, it gives necessary information.

During the checkout payment options, it is always showing Croatian language.
In plugin settings, each field that I write text in, also has a WPML flag below it, as well as Translations button.
I pressed translations and added English version of text for each field.
It is not being applied when choosing the English version of the flag.

The staging is over, the site is currently a production site, and it is going live tomorrow.

You can make me create a new staging with necessary data in my next reply.
Until then, I am sending you two screenshots, one of the plugin settings page (which resides in WooCommerce payments), one of the translation example, and one of the checkout page not showing the translated content.

September 29, 2024 at 3:21 pm #16233418

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Please go to WPML-> String Translation, scroll down, and enable the "Auto-Register Strings" option. After that, please visit the page on the front end.

Kindly let me know if you can see those strings translated when the option is enabled.

Best regards,
Osama

September 29, 2024 at 8:00 pm #16233810
danijelV-2

I did that, it did not show any translated content. Those texts remained in Croatian.

I am playing a game of cat and mouse with some settings, whenever I retarget URLs, something gets broken, when I fix that one thing, another is broken.

For example, right now the EN version of the homepage started loading very slowly. In console log I noticed it is not loading a divider.svg
Same issue as with some category photos. Whenever I do some sort of URL retargeting, it breaks the images. Then, I need to upload a fresh image, and manually link it.

Why, because my images for example have that /2024/7/ in them, and after something that WPML does, it removes the 2024/7, and the URL is left as " // "

But actually, that is not even my main problem right now.

Right now, when on mobile, when you go to a shop archive page, and press on the Filter products option - it is not showing categories.

New threads created by Osama Mersal and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/shop-archive-page-on-mobile/

September 30, 2024 at 7:10 am #16234578

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

1) Let's focus on this ticket regarding the untranslated strings. Please log in to this hidden link">sandbox site and install the payment slip plugin.

After that, please add the strings to the checkout page and translate them via String Translation to replicate the issue.

If the issue is replicable, please let me know to check it and consult our compatibility team.

2) I've split the other issue and created a new ticket with this issue.

Best regards,
Osama