Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client needed to display the language in which an order was made on the backend order page, to distinguish orders for products with the same name across different languages.
Solution:
We explained that by default, the order page displays in the primary language and that the admin interface is designed to consistently display in the selected language for ease of management. We acknowledged that the specific feature requested is not currently available and would require custom development. We offered to submit a feature request for the development team to consider. Additionally, we suggested that if the feature is urgently needed, the client could consult with one of our certified partners for custom work. Relevant links for finding a certified partner and guidelines for seeking consulting help were provided:

Please note that the solution provided might be irrelevant due to being outdated or not applicable to your case. If so, we highly recommend checking the related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the issue persists, please do not hesitate to open a new support ticket. For further assistance, you can reach out to us on the WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
March 29, 2024 at 10:14 am #15463708

FortunyShop

I would like to display the language in which an order has been made in the backend page of the order (list of orders or single order page, no difference).
Is it possibile?
Thanks

March 29, 2024 at 11:12 am #15463994

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

By default, the order page will display in the primary language. If you want to view it in another language, you'll need to adjust the language setting in your WordPress profile.

The concept of the admin interface consistently displaying in the selected language is intentional. Imagine a scenario where you don't speak Spanish but need to manage an order in that language. It would be challenging for you as an administrator. I hope this explanation clarifies things.

March 29, 2024 at 11:38 am #15464111

FortunyShop

Sorry maybe I was not clear.

We have products that sometimes have the same name in all languages, for example "Studio F80". Ofter a product is called "lampada" so when it's purchased, from the single order page, I know that it's a lamp ordered from the italian site.

In the first case, when the product has the same title in all languages, if I receive an order I can see that the client has shipping to Italy, but I am not sure that he/she has actually ordered from the italian site or the spanish or english.

So I would need a piece of information that says: this client has ordered from the ITALIAN site.
Is it possibile?

Thanks

March 29, 2024 at 12:11 pm #15464216

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Thank you for responding.

I acknowledge your request. Regrettably, the functionality you're seeking is not currently available as a standard feature and would necessitate intricate customization. If you wish, I can submit this as a feature request for our development team to assess.

In the interim, if this feature is urgently required, I recommend considering reaching out to one of our certified partners listed at this link: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/

Before proceeding, please review the guidelines provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/guidelines-for-people-looking-for-consulting-help/

These certified partners can offer tailored assistance to advance your project.

March 29, 2024 at 1:03 pm #15464426

FortunyShop

If possibile it would be great to add it as a feature request.
Thank you

FortunyShop confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-03-29 13:03:10.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.