Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is trying to translate a Woocommerce coupon on their website.
Solution:
We recommend not setting coupons as translatable because they are unique for each shop and not based on language. However, if you decide to translate them, you should go to WPML -> Settings -> Post Type Translation and change the coupons' translation preference.

If this solution does not apply to your case, or if it seems outdated, please open a new support ticket. We also highly recommend checking related known issues here, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. For further assistance, you can contact us directly through our support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.42 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
June 23, 2024 at 10:20 am #15793585

lamineD

Background of the issue:
I am trying to translate a Woocommerce coupon on my site hidden link.

Symptoms:
No specific issue or error message mentioned.

Questions:
How to translate Woocommerce coupon?

June 23, 2024 at 2:29 pm #15795258

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

1) Setting coupons as translatable is neither recommended nor expected. They should be set to not translatable. The coupons are unique for each shop and not based on language.

However, if you want to translate them, please go to WPML-> Settings-> Post Type Translation and change the coupons' translation preference.

2) Could you please share your Debug information with me?
You can read a detailed explanation about it here. (http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support)
The debug info will give me a lot of information about how your site is configured.

Best regards,
Osama

June 24, 2024 at 7:41 am #15803877

lamineD

Hi Osama,

Thanks for your feeback if it's not recommended I prefeir to not translated it.

Regards

lamineD confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-06-24 07:41:34.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.