Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 14:00 12:00 – 14:00 12:00 – 14:00 12:00 – 14:00 12:00 – 14:00 -
- 17:00 – 21:00 17:00 – 21:00 17:00 – 21:00 17:00 – 21:00 17:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+02:00)

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 14 hours, 59 minutes ago.

Assisted by: Bigul.

Author Posts
September 27, 2024 at 10:25 am #16229385

Jeroen Buggenhoudt

Background of the issue:
I added a new language to the website hidden link which the content should be automatically translated to. This was successful for the majority of the content.

Symptoms:
The remaining translations are stuck in the translation queue. I submitted these translations from the string translations, but they aren't being translated. We use pay-as-you-go so there shouldn't be an issue with credits.

Questions:
How can I resolve the issue of translations being stuck in the queue?
Is there a way to reset the queue and submit the translations again?

September 27, 2024 at 1:03 pm #16229985

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue. Please share the following details to track this.

1) Visit WPML>>Translation Management>>Tools tab and check how many credits you have used for this month

2) Visit WPML>>Support>>Advanced Translation Editor>>Error Logs and make sure it is showing any recent errors or not

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 27, 2024 at 1:54 pm #16230137

Jeroen Buggenhoudt

Hi Bigul,

This month we have used 852,052 credits.

In the error logs I get the following error (see attachment for screenshot):
Call to a member function get() on null /home/fitnessking/webapps/fitnessking/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/wc-cart-functions.php:396

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-09-27 om 15.54.05.png
September 28, 2024 at 1:57 am #16231487

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please fill in the private details fields after a full site backup{mandatory}. I would like to access the admin area of your site to check further. Refer to the following links for more details about our private information-sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 1, 2024 at 3:16 am #16238161

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the login information. The settings are okay. So please try the workaround suggested in the following ticket after a full site backup and make sure the issue exists or not.

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/automatic-translation-stuck-9/#post-16009666

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 1, 2024 at 2:58 pm #16241346
Jeroen Buggenhoudt

Hi Bigul,

Thanks for the provided link, this seems to have solved the issue. I'm still experiencing some issues:
- Some field on an options page are not translating, the content is copied from the original language, but when I try to change it and save the page the content reverts back to the original language
- There are multiple posts translated, but are registered in the wrong language.

New threads created by Bigul and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/multiple-posts-translated-but-are-registered-in-the-wrong-language/

October 1, 2024 at 3:48 pm #16241792

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. Please share the exact steps to reproduce both issues on your site. It would be great if you could share a couple of screenshots for a better understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 2, 2024 at 10:40 am #16244909
Jeroen Buggenhoudt

Hi Bigul,

I made a screencast of the issue with the custom fields: hidden link

I managed to manually remove the posts created in the wrong language so this issue is fixed for now.

I also translated a taxonomy, but notice they aren't translated when assigned to a post. I created a dummy post and assigned all categories and translated this, but the category names don't change on older posts. Did I forget to do something?

Kind regards,
Thessa

New threads created by Bigul and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/some-field-on-an-options-page-are-not-translating/

October 3, 2024 at 2:20 pm #16250651

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Thessa,

Thank you for the feedback. Please note that I have opened new tickets for the other issues. As per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket.

I will get back to you soon on the latest ticket. Please wait. Thank you for your understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul