Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
August 12, 2024 at 6:21 am #16060509

sagiS

Background of the issue:
My site is having multiple AJAX requests fired in the background related to WPML actions. These actions include updating affected posts for changes in translatable fields. Additionally, there are multiple database queries running in the background, which seem to be slowing down my site's admin area. The site is on production.

Symptoms:
Background queries and AJAX requests are slowing down my site's admin area.

Questions:
How can I stop or reduce the number of background AJAX requests related to WPML?
Is there a way to optimize or cancel the ongoing WPML translation jobs?
What steps can I take to improve the performance of my site's admin area?
Are there specific WPML settings that can help reduce the load on my database?

August 14, 2024 at 3:04 am #16068583

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hi There,
I hope you're doing well!

I've reviewed the entire conversation you had with my colleague Drazen and understand the issue at hand. My colleague shared a workaround, and before another colleague takes over this ticket, I'd like to inquire about the current status of the issue. Has the workaround mentioned in the Errata resolved the problem?

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance in this matter. We'll be happy to help.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

August 14, 2024 at 12:07 pm #16070377

sagiS

Hi Prosenjit,
I have tried the mentioned workaround but it did not work.
I want to stop the translations happening on Users and Order pages that are slowing down my site.
In query monitor there are still many queries are happening.

Please advice

August 17, 2024 at 2:33 am #16079596

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I would like to offer to have a closer look at the problem and request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to the website to investigate this issue further.

You can find the required fields below the comment section when you log in to leave the next reply. The information you provide is private, which means only you and I can see and access it.

IMPORTANT
Please be sure to make a backup copy of the website and database before allowing us access.
If you can't see the wp-admin / FTP fields, your post and website credentials are set as PUBLIC. DO NOT publish the data unless you see the required wp-admin / FTP fields.

I may have to install a plugin called "All In One WP Migration" to make a copy of the website where I can investigate the issue further.

However, I would also be very grateful if you could provide a staging site or copy of the website from your server yourself for this purpose. This step would only be required if the issue is replicable on such a staging site.

If you have any questions about creating such a staging site, you can consult your hosting provider. Just take note that WPML should be registered on this site again.

If you are unable to provide such a copy of the site for testing, please let me know on this ticket.

The private response form looks like this:
hidden link

Next time you reply, click "I still need assistance."

Video:
hidden link

Please note that we are obliged to request this information individually on each ticket. We may not access any access information not specifically submitted on this ticket in the private response form.

Best regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Background queries slowing down my site. Coming up on each refresh.’ is closed to new replies.