Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The WPML language switcher appears on the menu of an Elementor-based website, but the dropdown does not display when hovering over the menu option. The dropdown options are visible in the HTML code, but they are not showing on hover, although the standalone language switcher works correctly.
Solution:
If you're experiencing this issue, we recommend replacing the JKit element with a standard Elementor element in your menu. We have identified compatibility issues between JKit elements and WPML from previous support tickets and information provided by the plugin authors. This change should resolve the dropdown visibility problem with the WPML language switcher.

Please note that this solution might be outdated or not applicable to your specific case. We highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the issue persists, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by charlesC-29 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Assisted by: Lauren.

Author Posts
May 22, 2024 at 2:20 pm #15658842

charlesC-29

Hi Lauren, I'm building an Elementor-based WP website for a client.

The WPML language switcher appears on the menu, but the dropdown doesn't show when hovering over the menu option.

I can see the dropdown options in the HTML code, but somehow they don't show while hovering.

The standalone language switcher does work correctly.

May 22, 2024 at 2:42 pm #15658959

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Please let us know how the drop down works when you add a standard Elementor element instead of the JKit element. I found two other tickets where JKit elements are not compatible with WPML, and the plugin authors noted a few years ago that they are not compatible with WPML. I look forward to your update.

May 22, 2024 at 3:10 pm #15659028

charlesC-29

Hi Lauren, for future reference: indeed it was the JKit element that was not compatible.

I have replaced it with the standard WP menu Elementor element and it works as expected.

Obviously I should have thought of that myself, but thank you for that insight!

All the best,
Charles

charlesC-29 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-05-22 15:11:24.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.