Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client needed assistance with two issues: translating the filter labels 'All', 'Room', and 'Rooms' on the homepage and archive pages, and changing the Cyrillic translations to Latin for the Serbian language on the Cart and Checkout pages in WooCommerce.

Solution:
1) To translate 'All', 'Room', and 'Rooms':
- Go to WPML > String Translation.
- For 'All', type 'All' in the search box, select "Exact match", and click the "Search" button. Translate the string found under the "augustine-core" domain by clicking the "+" icon under the language flags.
- For 'Room' and 'Rooms', type '%s Room' in the search box and press the "Search" button. Translate the strings under the 'augustine-core' text domain using the same method.

2) To translate WooCommerce strings on the Cart and Checkout pages to Latin for the Serbian language:
- Go to WPML > Theme and Plugins Localization.
- Select the "WooCommerce" plugin and scan it for strings.
- Once the scan is complete, navigate to WPML > String Translation.
- Input the text you wish to translate in the search box, using English as the source language. For example, type "Product" instead of "Производ".
- If the string is under the 'woocommerce' text domain, add a translation for the Serbian language by clicking on the "+" icon below the Serbian flag.

Please note that the solution provided might be outdated or not applicable to your case. If the steps above do not resolve your issue, we highly recommend checking the related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If you still need assistance, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
May 6, 2024 at 3:28 am #15594904

miodragO

Hi,

I have two more questions.
First one, in the filter in my home page and archive pages i was not able to translate all and room/rooms(images in the attachment):
hidden link

Second issue is with the cart and checkout pages. Those pages are translated, however for serbian language translation is cirilic, and i want it to be in latinic as the rest of the translations in my website.
You can find cart and checkout pages in the following links:
hidden link
hidden link

I was not able to change labes in string translation in your plugin.
Can you please point me to the location where those labels can be changed?

Kind regards,

Miodrag

May 6, 2024 at 4:10 am #15594941

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello Miodrag,
I hope you're doing well.

I understand what you're looking for, and I've outlined the answers to your questions below.

1) To translate 'All', 'Room', and 'Rooms', please follow these steps:
- Navigate to 'WPML > String Translation'.
- To translate 'All', type 'All' in the search box, select "Exact match," and click the "Search" button.
- You will find the string listed under the "augustine-core" domain. Click on the "+" icon under the language flags to translate this text.
- For 'Room' and 'Rooms', type '%s Room' in the search box and press the "Search" button.
- Both strings will appear in the results under the 'augustine-core' text domain. Follow the same method as above to translate these texts.

2) Translating WooCommerce strings on the Cart and Checkout pages: Here’s how you can customize the translations according to your requirements:

- Navigate to WPML > Theme and Plugins Localization.
- Choose the "WooCommerce" plugin and scan the plugin for strings.
- After the scan is complete, proceed to WPML > String Translation.
- In the search box, input the text you wish to translate, using English as the source language. For instance, type "Product" instead of "Производ".
- If the string appears in the results under the 'woocommerce' text domain, you can add a translation for the Serbian language by clicking on the "+" icon located below the Serbian flag.

I hope the steps above will help. Please feel free to let me know if you need further assistance in this matter. I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

May 6, 2024 at 6:00 am #15595082

miodragO

Hi,

Thank you so much!

Kind regards,

Miodrag

miodragO confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-05-06 06:00:06.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.