Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is working on a site under development and is unable to figure out the code for Triggering Text in Avada, specifically for translating elements using WPML.
Solution:
We recommend registering the shortcode using a custom XML configuration. You can refer to this section of our documentation for maintaining Fusion Builder and Avada compatibility with WPML: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/maintaining-the-fusion-builder-avada-compatibility-with-wpml/#page-builder-shortcode-structure-in-the-language-configuration-file. Here is an example of how to configure the XML:

fusion_image_hotspots

fusion_image_hotspot_point

long_text
link
link_title

If this solution does not resolve your issue, or if it seems outdated or irrelevant to your case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If further assistance is needed, please open a new support ticket at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 1 day, 19 hours ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
October 10, 2024 at 4:00 pm #16275943

arneK-4

Background of the issue:
I am working on a site under development and trying to solve a problem similar to the one described in this forum post: https://wpml.org/de/forums/topic/avada-popover-translation-bei-image-hotspot-element/. I need the code for Triggering Text but can't figure it out by myself.

Symptoms:
I am unable to figure out the code for Triggering Text in Avada.

Questions:
What is the code for Triggering Text in Avada?

October 10, 2024 at 4:21 pm #16276432

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Thanks for your patience.

We were disconnected so I've converted the chat into a ticket. Please let me know how it goes.

October 10, 2024 at 4:24 pm #16276454

arneK-4

what is the exact code?

October 10, 2024 at 4:25 pm #16276458

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply. It depends on which Avada module you are referring to. For default modules, it should be registered. Maybe you can share some screenshots of the issue?

October 11, 2024 at 8:18 am #16277982

arneK-4

sure- it is the Image Hotspots Module.

Screenshot 2024-10-11 101720.png
October 11, 2024 at 8:19 am #16277998

arneK-4

i did use the code from the this post https://wpml.org/de/forums/topic/avada-popover-translation-bei-image-hotspot-element/
but the code for the "Triggering Text" is missing

Screenshot 2024-10-11 101812.png
October 11, 2024 at 3:54 pm #16280531

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I will need to closely examine your website. Therefore, I will require temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to a test site where the problem has been replicated, if possible. This will enable me to provide better assistance and determine if any configurations need to be modified.

Please note that it is important to have a backup for security purposes and to prevent any potential data loss. You can use the UpdraftPlus plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) to fulfill your backup requirements.

Your upcoming reply will be treated with confidentiality and will only be visible to you and me.

✙ To resolve the issue, I may need your consent to deactivate and reactivate plugins and the theme, as well as make configuration changes on the site if necessary. This emphasizes the significance of having a backup.

October 15, 2024 at 3:48 pm #16291773

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I can see that you've added the custom XML configuration. You just need to save the primary language page and these texts will appear in the advanced translation editor to be translated as shown in the attached screenshot.

Screenshot_40.png
October 16, 2024 at 2:09 pm #16296148

arneK-4

As I have already said, it works with “fusion_image_hotspot_point: long_text”
but not with “Triggering Text”

Bildschirmfoto 2024-10-16 um 16.05.59.png
October 16, 2024 at 2:13 pm #16296209

arneK-4

this code but with the "Triggering Text" Element:

<wpml-config>
<shortcodes>
<shortcode>
<tag>fusion_image_hotspots</tag>
<attributes>
<attribute>image</attribute>
</attributes>
</shortcode>
<shortcode>
<tag>fusion_image_hotspot_point</tag>
<attributes>
<attribute encoding="base64">long_text</attribute>
<attribute>link</attribute>
<attribute>link_title</attribute>
</attributes>
</shortcode>
</shortcodes>
</wpml-config>

October 16, 2024 at 2:15 pm #16296212

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I apologize for that. This is what I've done to fix the issue hidden link

October 16, 2024 at 3:36 pm #16296704

arneK-4

a thousand thanks - the video is great so that i can do it myself next time

arneK-4 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-10-16 15:36:04.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.