Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
You are working on a site under development and have encountered an issue where you no longer have access to the Advanced Translation Editor (ATE) via the WordPress all pages section. Additionally, you need guidance on correcting a translation mistake on a page.
Solution:
First, ensure that the Advanced Translation Editor is enabled by navigating to WPML -> Settings -> Translation Editor. Then, open a page in the default language editor and verify that "WPML editors" is enabled in the language metabox, typically found on the right side of the screen.
If you still cannot access the Advanced Translation Editor after these steps, please go to WPML -> Support -> Advanced Translation Editor -> Error Logs and send us a screenshot of any relevant logs.

If this solution does not resolve your issue, or if it seems outdated or irrelevant to your specific case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. Additionally, please feel free to open a new support ticket for further assistance at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 1 week, 6 days ago.

Assisted by: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
September 17, 2024 at 9:05 pm #16190703

ronaldT-5

Background of the issue:
I am working on a site under development and trying to alter a page that has already been translated. I made a mistake when translating, for at least one instance.

Symptoms:
I have no longer access to ATE via the WordPress all pages.

Questions:
How can I regain access to ATE via the WordPress all pages?
What steps should I follow to correct a translation mistake on a page?

September 18, 2024 at 2:47 am #16190961

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello 🙂

Welcome to WPML support! I’d be happy to assist you with this.

I recommend going to **WPML -> Settings -> Translation Editor** and ensuring that the **Advanced Translation Editor** is enabled.

Next, open a page in the default language editor and check if "WPML editors" is enabled in the language metabox, which is usually located on the right side of the screen.

If the issue persists after completing these steps and it still doesn’t open in the Advanced Translation Editor, please navigate to **WPML -> Support -> Advanced Translation Editor -> Error Logs** and send me a screenshot.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks!

ronaldT-5 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-09-21 18:46:39.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.