Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christopher Amirian 1 day, 15 hours ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author Posts
October 1, 2024 at 9:54 am #16239250

adamY

Background of the issue:
Email notifications in WPForms are not sending in the translated language of Spanish, but instead only sending in the default English language. I have set the WP_MEMORY_LIMIT to 128M, and translated all form notifications through WPML > Translations.

hidden link - Fill the form in here and you will receive an email notification in English instead of Spanish.

Symptoms:

Questions:
How can I change this so that email notifications are received in Spanish?

October 1, 2024 at 10:36 am #16239685

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi,

I finished installing WordPress and WPML. I set it up and also installed WP Forms Multilingual plugin.

Please install the WP Forms plugin and create a form with the criteria mentioned in the chat which is that dynamic field for the email that is supposed to be sending into.

You will have a menu in the WordPress Dashboard > WP Mail Logging to see the outgoing emails and check the language which is sent.

After replicating the problem I will send this to the compatibility team for further investigation.

You can access the WordPress dashboard by clicking the link below:

hidden link

Thank you.

October 1, 2024 at 11:26 am #16239960

adamY

Hi Christopher, thanks for setting that up.

I've installed WPForms, added it to a page here - hidden link

I also translated the WPForms content to Spanish, and the logs show that the emails are sending correctly. I tested submitting the form on both Spanish and English URLs, and both send the correctly translated versions (see attached image).

This must be a conflict with something else on my website. I am going to try creating a fresh WPForm and testing that. Is there anything else you can suggest as to why this could only be happening on my site?

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2024-10-01 at 12.26.32.png
October 1, 2024 at 12:22 pm #16240306

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi,

You can test to see if there is any sort of conflict going on?

- IMPORTANT STEP! Create a backup of your website. Or better approach will be to test this on a copy/staging version of the website to avoid any disruption of a live website.
- Switch to the default theme such as "TwentyTwenty" by going to "WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > themes".
- Go to "WordPress Dashboard > Plugins" and deactivate all plugins except WPML Multilingual CMS, WP Forms, WP Forms Multilingual and WPML String Translation
- Check if you can still recreate the issue.
- If not, re-activate your plugins one by one and check the issue each time to find out the plugin that causes the problem.

Thanks.