Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - -
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Itamar.

Author Posts
August 13, 2024 at 11:52 am #16066024

arneD-6

Background of the issue:
We are using WPML to translate mails from WooCommerce. On subscription, everything works fine in German, but if we switch to English, the initial mail with the invoice will be sent in English, but the following mails and invoices are still in German. We also noticed that the translation button to show the strings to translate in the mail settings is missing for this specific case.

Symptoms:
First E-Mail and Invoice PDF in English, the remaining E-Mails and Invoices in German.

Questions:
Why are the following mails and invoices still in German after the initial mail is sent in English?
Why is the translation button to show the strings to translate in the mail settings missing for this specific case?

August 13, 2024 at 12:41 pm #16066430

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

If you need further help, please share the access details to your staging site with me. I'm enabling a private message for the following reply.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/
**IMPORTANT**
- - Please backup the site files and database before providing us access. --
-- If you have a staging site where the problem can be reproduced, it is better to share access to the staging site.--

Regards,
Itamar.

August 13, 2024 at 12:42 pm #16066433

arneD-6

How can I provide credentials for test server

August 13, 2024 at 12:43 pm #16066440

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

A private message is enabled for the following reply. You should see fields to share access.

Regards,
Itamar.

August 13, 2024 at 7:57 pm #16067912

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, and thanks for the access details.

I could see the problem with this email (same as on your screenshot).
hidden link
Then I went to WPML -> Strings Translation -> Admin Texts Translation and searched for "Vielen Dank für deinen Einkauf." Two results appeared. I selected them and moved them to Strings Translation. Please see the attached screenshot. Then I translated the strings into English. Please see the attached screenshot.

If needed, please use this method to search for more strings from emails and translate them. You can read about Translating Strings From Admin and Settings here.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/

Regards,
Itamar.

2024-08-13_22-46-16.jpg
2024-08-13_22-49-16.jpg
2024-08-13_22-53-38.jpg
August 14, 2024 at 7:58 am #16069088

arneD-6

Hello,
the test server was not up to date. I apologize for this.
The strings for translation are displayed to me, I have now also adjusted the mail where the error was noticed, the strings have been translated.
If strings in a mail are not translated or for some reason are not taken over, most of the mail should still be displayed in English, e.g. the list of products is translated, the headings there are in English, even if strings such as "Vielen Dank für den Einkauf" are not translated.
These strings are already translated on our main server.
Please refer to the "Abgeschlossene Verlängerungsbestellung" mail template here.
I have also noticed that all mails that only have to do with a subscription do not have this button to translate, perhaps this will help to locate the problem.
The first mail that is sent and is also displayed in English is a general mail to complete an order, it does not only have something to do with subscriptions, which is why it works.
I have attached a screenshot showing all the mail templates that are affected.
On the main server, all strings have been translated and none are missing.
As I said, all strings have been translated for the above template, so please work with it.

Thank you very much.

Screenshot from 2024-08-14 09-40-25.png
August 14, 2024 at 5:46 pm #16072105

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

Each of those emails comes from a different PHP file/ Email template. For example, the template for the email Verarbeite Verlängerungsbestellung is located in:
woocommerce-subscriptions/vendor/woocommerce/subscriptions-core/templates/emails/customer-processing-renewal-order.php
You can see the template's location mentioned when you edit this email.

Now, the strings can be similar in different email templates. So this might be the source of your confusion when you think you see them translated in Strings Translation. However, you must move those strings into Strings Translation from the Admin Texts Translation screen. And then translate them. Then please check if the emails are in English when the order was made in English. I recorded a video for you to give you an example of how to proceed. Please watch it here.

hidden link

The following is a guide on Translating Custom-Coded WooCommerce Emails that might be relevant to your case.

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/how-to-translate-woocommerce-emails/#translating-custom-coded-woocommerce-emails

Regards,
Itamar.

August 15, 2024 at 9:15 am #16073646

arneD-6

Hello,
First of all, thank you very much for the effort and the creation of the video.
However, this did not help.
As I said before, I asked that only the “Abgeschlossene Verlängerungsbestellung” be referred to here, as the strings have definitely already been added and translated here.
On our main server, this has already been done for all mails, but our test server is not up to date and we have no way to bring it up to the level of the main server, we apologize.
On the test server, however, the mail where the problem occurred has been translated as already mentioned.
Therefore, I ask you again that you please only refer to the “Abgeschlossene Verlängerungsbestellung” template, as this reflects the status of the main server and is good for testing, as this is where the error occurred.
Also, I don't think there is a problem with the translated strings themselves, as I have seen in other mails that were sent in English and the strings were not translated, that some blocks were still in English, although they do not appear in any of the strings and that is not the case with this problem.
It is also very strange that when editing the mail templates the translate button that leads to the strings is missing.

So please have another look here, thanks for the effort!

Yours sincerely.

August 15, 2024 at 5:35 pm #16075666

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

To investigate this issue on your staging site, I need your permission to install the Email Log (https://wordpress.org/plugins/email-log/) plugin. Please also tell me the steps to replicate the issue. In other words, how do I trigger the sending of the Abgeschlossene Verlängerungsbestellung email?

Please note that my weekend is Friday-Saturday, and I'll be able to continue to check this issue and help you on Sunday.

Regards,
Itamar.

August 16, 2024 at 8:49 am #16077466

arneD-6

Hello,
I am happy to give you approval for the plugin.
However, we already have a plugin that can be used to view emails that are sent.
Please find attached a screenshot of the list.
Unfortunately, I do not know how to send the mail manually... We have tried it so far with an order for a test product. If there is another way that you know of, please feel free to suggest it to us.
Otherwise we will have to place an order from our side as soon as you think that the problem could be solved now, which of course could prolong the whole thing and we really need this urgently!

I hope you know an alternative solution to test!

Yours sincerely
Leon Raithel

Screenshot from 2024-08-16 10-46-07.png
August 18, 2024 at 6:10 pm #16081737

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Leon.

To help, first, we need a way to replicate the problem. I can enable the Cash on Delivery payment option on your staging site to purchase a product and trigger the emails. (This may save time). Please tell me which product to purchase and other details to replicate the problem. I'll use the WP Mail Loggin plugin you already have installed on your site. If there is an email with this problem in the log, please let me know how to find it. A screenshot of this email will be very beneficial.

Thanks,
Itamar.

August 20, 2024 at 1:00 pm #16087219

arneD-6

Hey Itamar,
You can enable the cash on delivery option for sure!.
I've created a test product like I did to test on our main server.
You can add this product via this link:
hidden link

The initial mail will be in english (Don't mind if some parts are in german, I am not sure if the mail template is fully translated on our test server.)
But the second mail on the next day will be fully in german, the first invoice was in english, but the second and following invoices will be in german too.

Not even a single part will be in english on the second mail, it feels like the order will now be considered in german.

I hope you can find a solution.

Thank you for the effort!

Best regards,
Leon Raithel

August 20, 2024 at 6:36 pm #16088105

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Leon.

I update WooCommerce, Divi, WPML, its add-ons, and other plugins on your staging site.

To test this case correctly, please tell me which plugins must stay active to replicate this problem. I'm talking about third-party plugins other than WPML, Strings Translation, WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency, and WooCommerce.

Thanks,
Itamar.

August 21, 2024 at 8:29 am #16089131

arneD-6

Hey Itamar,
thank you for your help.
Following plugins need to stay on:
PDF Invoices & Packing Slips for WooCommerce
PDF Invoices & Packing Slips for WooCommerce Professional
WP Mail Logging

Please do a backup, so it is possible to revert the updates.

Thank you and best regards,
Leon Raithel

August 21, 2024 at 2:17 pm #16090903

Itamar
Supporter

Hey, Leon.

I'm sorry if I was not clear enough. The backup is your responsibility. I already updated the plugins. I'll proceed with replicating the issue. I'll keep you updated here.

Regards,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Mail translation for woocommerce does not work’ is closed to new replies.