Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 14:00 12:00 – 14:00 12:00 – 14:00 12:00 – 14:00 12:00 – 14:00 -
- 17:00 – 21:00 17:00 – 21:00 17:00 – 21:00 17:00 – 21:00 17:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Bigul.

Author Posts
July 15, 2024 at 2:39 pm

FortunyShop

Background of the issue:
I am trying to manage multicurrency payments on my website using Woocommerce Multilingual. We have one Stripe account for Euro payments and another for Pound payments, set up in the Woocommerce Multilingual backend. The Pound Stripe account should only be visible on our UK language site (fortuny.uk) and the destination should be uniquely United Kingdom.

Symptoms:
The latest three payments in Euro and Dollars were incorrectly processed through our Pound Stripe account. These orders were made from the fortuny.shop site and fortuny.us from Belgium, Hong Kong and USA, but they entered our British Stripe account instead of the Euro account.

Questions:
Why are Euro and Dollar payments being processed through the Pound Stripe account?
How can I ensure that only Pound orders enter our British Stripe account like it happened untile just some days ago?

July 15, 2024 at 3:06 pm
July 15, 2024 at 3:53 pm #15955457

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

Please check the attached image and the following Payment settings URL. Now you have selected *All countries* except the *UK* option for PayPal.

hidden link

So I have a doubt. Does it work as expected once a customer from the UK makes the payment?

--
Thanks!

Bigul

2024-07-15_21h14_17.png
July 16, 2024 at 7:08 am #15958473

FortunyShop

Hi, yes that is an option that we created on purpose because we don't need that payment method in UK, as we have the Stripe method with the specific account just for UK. The thing now is that EVERY payment is processed with the UK Stripe account since 2 days... That needs to be fixed.

July 16, 2024 at 7:36 am #15958614

FortunyShop

I looked at the Stripe keys in the website and basically, I don't know how it happened, but the ones I placed into the Woo Milticurrency plugin, replaced the ones in the default Stripe configuation, so we were receiving all of the payments in our UK account.
Nobody edited those settings recently and I don't know how it could happen.

Screenshot 2024-07-16 093158.png
July 16, 2024 at 11:29 am #15960204

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the details. I have a couple of questions for more clarity:

1) Hope you have the correct account details in the Stripe settings now.

2) Have you set any specific countries/languages for the *Country availability* option in Stripe settings (in the past)?

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 16, 2024 at 12:54 pm #15960638

FortunyShop

Yes now I updated with the correct keys.
In the past i tried to limit the Countries in the Stripe dashboard but it was not possible, that feature was not actually working in the woocommerce dashboard so we currently just have a piece of code in the functions that hides stripe in the USA. But it didn't affect the UK Stripe account in any way.

Thanks

July 16, 2024 at 5:03 pm #15961627

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. This requires further testing. Please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server. So we can troubleshoot the bug without affecting your live site.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 19, 2024 at 8:27 am #15976722

FortunyShop

Ok i installed it. Thanks

July 23, 2024 at 7:51 am #15991078

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates and permission. I made a copy of the site, will debug it in detail locally and get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

It took more than expected time to make a Duplicator package due to *Host Build Interrupt* error. Please check the attached image for more details.

Sorry for the late response because of the weekend and holidays.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

2024-07-23_13h12_24.png
July 27, 2024 at 5:47 pm #16011088

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

We are still working on this issue. The bug is existing after the initial troubleshooting's steps and the result is same with the latest version. So we are looking for the possible workarounds and consulting with our developers for an expert opinion. We will get back to you as early as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 31, 2024 at 10:18 am #16024148

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

The ticket is escalated to our second-tier team for further debugging. Because it is related to the following ticket, we will get back to you soon when we have an update from our team. Please wait.

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/payment-currency-doesnt-work/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 29, 2024 at 7:54 am #16118033

FortunyShop

Hi,

This issue is still happening and it's quite bad, as payments randomly are received in the wrong Stripe account. So money is sent to the account of ANOTHER COMPANY! That's quite bad, please solve this bug asap... Otherwise we will have to think about uninstalling WPML and manage payments in some other way.
I also think the link you provided is not exactly the same bug as ours, but anyway I posted a message there too.
Please also find attached the configuration of WPML Multi Currency which I double checked and are already correct... I don't know what else to do.

Thank you

Screenshot 2024-08-29 095030.png
August 29, 2024 at 10:42 am #16119448

FortunyShop

I managed to reconnect Stripe and Woocommerce from the Woocommerce > Payments > Stripe dashboard and now payments seem to work fine in the different currencies. The thing is, if you don't experience some errors you don't even notice that the money is going to the wrong account.

August 29, 2024 at 12:12 pm #16119876

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I have one question regarding the following: Are you now getting the expected results after reconnecting Stripe and WooCommerce from the WooCommerce>>Payments>>Stripe dashboard, and is this issue unrelated to WPML? Please confirm.

This issue is still happening and it's quite bad, as payments randomly are received in the wrong Stripe account. So money is sent to the account of ANOTHER COMPANY! That's quite bad, please solve this bug asap

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] Multicurrency payments’ is closed to new replies.