Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
June 6, 2024 at 6:57 am #15709393

ronN-2

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Trying to translate english words to korean using String Translate but it is not working.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Here is a link of a screen recording of our attempt: hidden link

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

June 6, 2024 at 8:03 am #15709638

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi Ron,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I’m happy to help you with this issue.

Please try to remove the filter by "lamb-blocks", search for all strings with the name "Terms and Conditions", translate them and check the issue again.
Refer documentation https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks

June 7, 2024 at 1:45 am #15713598

ronN-2

I've got a multisite, so that's why I'm filtering it by "lamb-blocks" domain.

As another example, I tried translating "Log in to book" and "Back to Offers". I've removed the filter, and only shows one result. I've added the translations but it still does not show in the page

URL: hidden link

Please let me know how we can fix this. Thanks

Screenshot_7-6-2024_112719_www.accorplus.com.jpeg
Screenshot_7-6-2024_91311_www.accorplus.com.jpeg
June 7, 2024 at 2:19 am #15713634

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to have a testing site where the issue is replicated. Your next reply is set to private to share the info.

❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding ❌
You can use this plugin to create the backup: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme to change configurations on the site if needed. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Thanks

June 7, 2024 at 6:10 am #15713733

ronN-2

Hey,

We don't actually do FTP. Send me your email, and we can setup a temporary admin account for you to our staging/development site that has the same errors.

Thanks!

June 13, 2024 at 12:48 am #15733755

ronN-2

I've just added you as an admin. You should receive a confirmation email soon. Let me know if there is anything else you need.

Here is a google doc with all the incorrect translations we've found so far. I hope you'll be able to assist on this. hidden link

Thanks,

June 13, 2024 at 1:46 am #15733814

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

I can create an administrator account on your site hidden link but it isn't a Network admin account to access other subsites.

However, now I see the translation button text on the page hidden link
is displayed as well, please check the attached screenshot.

Can you please confirm it works on your end? As per our support policy, we limit one issue per ticket only so please create new tickets for other issues.

Thanks

모던 일식 가스트로노미 미오 MIO에서 즐기는 콜키지 무료 혜택 - Accor Plus Korea 2024-06-13 08-37-13.jpg
June 13, 2024 at 4:04 am #15733942

ronN-2

Looks like it is working. Thanks for fixing it. Was it a configuration issue or a template/we didn't do it right issues?

I'll create the separate tickets for each of the issues. Is it okay if you manage all of them?

June 13, 2024 at 6:29 am #15734207

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Was it a configuration issue or a template/we didn't do it right issues?

I don't have a chance to check the issue. As I mentioned, the admin account that you shared isn't a Network admin to access the subsites. I think it could be a caching issue or something similar.

Is it okay if you manage all of them?

I can handle them but please upgrade the account on your site to Network admin user.

Thanks.

June 14, 2024 at 5:58 am #15738190

ronN-2

I've just made you a Super User, that should give you access to the other sites.

By the way, I opened the link below with another browser and it shows it has not translated the words on first load. But as soon as I refreshed the page, the translations work. Will you be able to look at this again? Thanks

hidden link

korea-translation-error.jpg
June 14, 2024 at 10:43 am #15739631

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

I see the string is added to the theme file /wp-content/themes/accor-plus/modules/post/post.php line 92

<span><?php echo __('Log in to book', 'lamb-blocks') ?></span>

this is a custom theme and I'm not sure what's wrong with the translation string in the first load. I try to download the theme and install it on my local site and add the same code to the file footer.php and the translation string displayed in the first load properly.

I would like to inform you that helping you with custom code, is out of the scope of WPML. I would recommend you contact one of our certified partners who will be more than happy to help you with this. In this link, you will find a list of our certified partners: https://wpml.org/contractors/

Thanks for your patience.

The topic ‘[Closed] Korean string translation not working’ is closed to new replies.