Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is experiencing issues with translations on their homepage not appearing as single sentences but as individual words, despite being translated previously. Additionally, the homepage needs to be updated in all languages without losing existing translations.
Solution:
1. Edit the homepage using the Elementor editor in the default language. Ensure that text sections are correctly formatted, specifically checking and adjusting tags as necessary.
2. Update the homepage. This should trigger updates across all translations.
3. If the issue persists, switch to the translation language on the homepage, click 'Edit translation', and check if the text appears as individual words.
4. If so, edit the problematic section in Elementor, remove any unnecessary HTML tags, and ensure the entire text is wrapped in a paragraph tag.
5. Save the changes and verify by revisiting the homepage and selecting 'Edit translation' again.

If these steps do not resolve the issue or if the solution seems outdated or irrelevant to your specific case, we recommend opening a new support ticket. Additionally, please check related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verify the version of the permanent fix, and confirm that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. For further assistance, visit our support forum at WPML Support Forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic is split from https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split/

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marsel Nikolli 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Marsel Nikolli.

Author Posts
June 14, 2024 at 11:38 am #15739917

sebastianC-22

Hi,

Thank you for your reply and problem fix.
Can you please open a new support ticket for:
I want on the HP hidden link....../en/de/hu/it... under the phrase: "We are here to help passengers." all this text should be translated as a single sentence: "We facilitate filing a complaints for passengers which nu are safe from rights their or which nu at time or experience required for a if hire in process from claim for compensatory amounts under EC261/2004."
When I check: WPML>Translation>Home(is the page)> and I search of the sentence:"We facilitate filing a complaints for passengers which nu are safe from rights their or which nu at time or experience required for a if hire in process from claim for compensatory amounts under EC261/2004." - I see all text is translated as single texts not as one single sentences. Please send me how can I make a single sentence.
PS. also in Romanian language, Wpml has translated this sentence as multiple words.
I attach you also images.

Thank you.

June 17, 2024 at 8:22 am #15743882

Marsel Nikolli

Hi,

I've checked your website and if you edit the homepage with Elementor editor in the default language it seems that on the sections you are having problems the words are wrapped in span tags (please check the attached image). When switching to the "text" view you can see the span tags being applied.

You need to edit the text in the default language correctly (remove/set the span tag correctly if needed) and update the page, after an update the translations should be triggered as well and the issue should be fixed.

Let me know if you have further questions or need assistance.

Regards,
Marsel

Screenshot 2024-06-17 101832.png
June 17, 2024 at 11:16 am #15744931

sebastianC-22

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.
I changed and let just the text.
But now when I go to: Wpml>Translations I can not find the home page, that I translated before? - in all languages that I translated before the HP page, I can't find the translation of them.
How can I find the before translated HP pages now? - so that I can change to the phrase now.

Thank you

June 17, 2024 at 11:24 am #15744969

sebastianC-22

I forgot to say:
Now when I go to: Wpml>Translation Management> Home(the home page) it appears for all languages the message: needs to pe updated.
How can I update the Home(page) for all languages that I translated before, without losing the translations.
I attache you image.

need to be updated..PNG
June 18, 2024 at 7:38 am #15747650

Marsel Nikolli

Hi,

Thank you for the updates, I've checked and updated the translations (for some reason it was needed to open each in WordPress editor each translation and just click the "Update" button for the translations to connect with the default language).

Everything should be working fine now, please check and let me know if you have any questions or need further help.

Kind regards,
Marsel

June 19, 2024 at 8:12 am #15753822

sebastianC-22

Hi,

Thank you.
Can you please send me the exact steps to follow for this issue.

Best Regards

June 19, 2024 at 8:42 am #15754038

Marsel Nikolli

Hi,

Yeah, what you need to do about this issue is:

- go to the homepage and switch to a translation language
- check the translation by clicking the "Edit translation" button on the wp-admin top bar

If the text is showing the words one by one then you need to:
- edit the homepage of the language the issue is occurring with the Elementor editor
- go to the section and click on it
- remove the HTML tags from the text on the settings/configuration sidebar (please check the attached image)

* Important: please wrap the whole text in a paragraph tag (<p>text</p>).

Save the updates on the Elementor editor, go to the homepage again, and check the translation by clicking the "Edit translation" button on the wp-admin top bar.

Let me know if you have any questions.

June 19, 2024 at 11:36 am #15755383

sebastianC-22

Hi,

Thank you for your help.

sebastianC-22 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-06-19 11:36:30.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.