In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to create WordPress multilingual sites using the Real Homes theme and WPML. Whatever you build, you can easily translate with WPML.
Real Homes Page in original content
Real Homes Page translated to French
- Getting Started
- Translating Posts and Pages
- Translating Pages Built with Elementor
- Translating Agents, Properties, Partners, and Other Custom Post Types
- Translating Property Features, Property Types, and Other Taxonomies
- Translating Texts from Real Homes Theme Text, Plugins and Other Places
- Creating Multilingual Sliders with Slider Revolution
- Translating Menus
- Known Issues
- Getting Help
- Need Help with Building and Maintaining Your Site?
Start by installing and activating the following:
If you’re new to WPML, check out our Getting Started Guide. It quickly walks you through all the translation options you can use.
With WPML, you can translate your site’s content in two ways:
- The Translate Everything mode automatically translates your site’s content as you add or edit it.
- The Translate Some mode lets you decide what to translate, and who will translate it. Choose from translating content by yourself, assigning it to individual translators, or enlisting the help of a professional translation agency.
To learn how to translate your content in bulk, see our page about translating pages, posts, or post types from the Translation Management Dashboard.
The Real Homes theme comes bundled with the Elementor website builder.
To register modules from Elementor, see our documentation about registering page builder widgets.
The Real Homes theme comes with multiple custom post types. This includes the Properties, Agents, Partners, Agencies, and FAQ custom post types.
To translate these custom post types, you need to follow the same steps as for translating any other types of pages.
In the example below, we’ll show you how to translate Properties by yourself:
- Go to the Property you’d like to translate. In the right sidebar, click the plus icon next to language you’d like to translate the post into.
- You’ll be taken to the Advanced Translation Editor. If you have translation credits, you can translate the content automatically. Otherwise, enter the translations for each line by yourself and click Complete once you’re done.
Real Homes theme comes with custom taxonomies like Property Features, Property Types, Property Location, and Property Statuses. You can translate them in the same way you would translate post categories and tags.
Here, we’ll show you how to translate Property Types from a central taxonomy menu:
- Go to WPML → Taxonomy Translation and select the taxonomy you want to translate from the drop-down menu. In our example, it is Property Type.
- Click the plus icon under the language you’d like to translate each taxonomy term into and then Save the translation.
Keep in mind that the translations of categories are universal: any change you make will be updated everywhere.
Besides the content coming from posts and pages on your site, there are usually some texts coming from other places. Most commonly, these texts come from themes and plugins.
To learn how to translate these texts, read our documentation about String Translation.
The Real Homes theme comes bundled with the powerful Slider Revolution plugin. For a step-by-step guide, see our documentation about creating multilingual sliders with Slider Revolution.
With WPML, you can translate your menus automatically, manually, or synchronize them across all languages. For more information, please see our guide to translating menus.
Current unresolved issues:
You can also search all known issues including previously resolved issues for this theme.
In case you need help translating your site built using Real Homes and WPML, visit WPML’s support forum.
If you need help with building or maintaining your site, take a look at our list of WPML Contractors. They are experienced developers specialized in developing multilingual sites.