In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to create WordPress multilingual sites using the Real Homes theme and WPML. Real Homes offers a purpose-oriented design with all the useful features a real estate website needs. Whatever you build, you can easily translate with WPML.
|Real Homes Page in original content||Real Homes Page translated to French|
- Getting started
- WPML translation tools
- Translating pages
- Translating pages built with WPBakery Page Builder
- Adding translation support for custom WPBakery Page Builder modules
- Translating Agents, Properties, Partners and other categories
- Translating Texts from Real Homes theme text, plugins and other places
- Translating Slider Revolution
- Translating Real Homes menus
- Known issues with Real Homes theme
- Getting help from our support
- Get help with building and maintaining your site
Make sure that the Real Homes theme is activated, by going to the Appearance → Themes page.
Make sure that the WPML Multilingual CMS, WPML String Translation, WPML Translation Management, and WPML Media Translation plugins are activated.
WPML offers two translation editors you can use for translating your site’s content:
- WPML classic translation editor (CTE).
- WPML Advanced Translation Editor (ATE) offers affordable automatic translation, a glossary, spell checker, and more!
Besides translating your site content yourself, you can also:
- Send your content for translation to a professional translation service.
- Create your own team of local translators from the Translation Roles tab in Translation Management and assign translation jobs to them.
With WPML, you can translate any types of contents in your site, including pages and posts. For an easy start, read our Getting Started Guide.
The Real Homes theme comes bundled with WPBakery Page Builder.
Visit our documentation page for exact steps on how to translate contents build with WPBakery Page Builder.
WPML allows you to manually enable the translation of custom WPBakery Page Builder modules and modules’ attributes. Check out our guide on defining page builder shortcodes in the language configuration file.
WPML supports the translation of all of the custom elements that come with the Real Homes theme including Agents, Properties, Partners, Testimonials, and FAQ.
To translate Property items or any custom post type items, you need to follow the same steps as for translating any other types of pages. Visit our documentation page for exact steps on translating the contents yourself.
Portfolio Categories can be translated while translating your pages, on the Translation Editor screen. There, you can translate the Portfolio elements as well as your Portfolio Categories.
Additionally, you can translate your Properties Type on the WPML → Taxonomy Translation page. Select the Properties Type from the drop-down menu and a list of your categories will appear. Click the plus icon to translate a category for the respective language and use the dialog box that appears to add your translation.
Keep in mind that the translations of categories are universal: if you make a change, they will be updated everywhere.
Besides contents coming from posts and pages on your site, there are usually some texts coming from other places. Most common examples are themes and plugins.
To learn how to translate these texts, read our documentation page about translating strings.
The theme comes with the powerful Slider Revolution plugin. We have dedicated documentation that explains how to translate sliders built with Slider Revolution.
With WPML, you can easily synchronize your language menus. For more information, please check our complete menus translation tutorial.
In case you need help translating your site built using Real Homes and WPML, visit WPML’s support forum.
If you need help with building or maintaining your site, take a look at our list of WPML Contractors. They are experienced developers specialized in developing multilingual sites.