The issues that we have noticed are:
– changes in WPML → Settings can’t be saved
– WPML wizard can’t be completed
– Translation Management or Translation Services can’t be activated
This happens with SiteGround‘s implementation of the Object Cache.
Other setups that use Memcached can also show this problem, depending on the implementation of the Object Cache that they use.
There are 2 ways to resolve this:
- You can temporarily deactivate the Object Cache to save settings and later re-activate it.
- Or you can create a “Must Use” plugin that will resolve the issue.
If you choose the second solution these are the steps you have to follow:
- Make sure you have a folder called
- If you don’t have such a folder, create it.
- Create a text file with the following contents and upload it to this folder:
wp_cache_add_global_groups( 'options' );
Note: you can name the file as you wish, as long as it ends in