Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
If you're experiencing issues with automatic translation on your website, where only the navigation menu is affected when switching languages and not the pages, it could be due to custom Elementor widgets that WPML is not recognizing.

Solution:
We recommend checking if there are custom widgets on your pages that might not be registered with WPML for translation. These custom widgets could be added by plugins such as "Mascot Core", "Mascot Core - Ecoife WP", or "Qi Addons For Elementor". To resolve this, you need to help WPML recognize these custom widgets by writing a few lines of code. You can find guidance on how to register these widgets for translation in our documentation:

Please note that the solution provided might be irrelevant if it's outdated or not applicable to your case. If after checking the related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins, the problem persists, we highly recommend opening a new support ticket. For further assistance, please visit our support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.53 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
January 31, 2024 at 3:12 pm

isabelM-8

I have run the automatic translation on the website in french and Spanish, but when I switch languages only the navigation menu gets affected and not the pages, except for some of them

January 31, 2024 at 3:38 pm
January 31, 2024 at 3:39 pm #15250239

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

Here is where I will get back to you when I have updates.

Mihai

January 31, 2024 at 9:25 pm #15252209

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there and thank you for your amazing patience.

So, after some deeper investigation, it seems that there are custom Elementor widgets that are being used on that page (hidden link) and that's why WPML is not able to see everything on the page and translate it automatically (for example, in this page that you mentioned, WPML correctly translated most of the content inside the page but it can't see the Title for example).

"TM Text Editor Advanced" is how this custom widget that contains the title is named. I am not sure which plugin is adding that to Elementor but it could be one of these plugins that you have installed on the site: "Mascot Core", "Mascot Core - Ecoife WP" or "Qi Addons For Elementor".

When custom elements are being added through code or through an extra plugin add-on that adds those custom widgets to Elementor (or any other page builder), we need to help WPML to see that content so we need to write a few lines in order to accomplish that (please check the video in the section below):

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/how-to-register-page-builder-widgets-for-translation/#registering-simple-widgets

I also added a screenshot from the documentation page where things are a bit better explained in regards to these custom widgets.

I hope that you will find all this information helpful.

Mihai

Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 23.21.31.png
Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 22.57.07.png
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.