Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
September 6, 2024 at 1:45 pm #16149216

j.c.J

Background of the issue:
I need assistance to duplicate translation. The site I need help with is hidden link. Whenever we are working with the default language (English) - we use ACF Fields to display products order-wise. But when we try to duplicate the page with a different language, we face issues with product ordering on the front end of the site. It does not display similarly to the backend.

Symptoms:
Product ordering on the front end does not match the backend when duplicating a page in a different language.

Questions:
How can I ensure that product ordering is consistent on the front end when duplicating a page in a different language?
Are there specific settings in WPML that need to be adjusted to maintain product order when duplicating translations?

September 6, 2024 at 7:10 pm #16150362

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi there,

Please go to WooCommerce->WooCommerce Multilingual -> Settings-> Products Synchronization -> Sync publishing date for translated products.

Is that feature enabled?

September 9, 2024 at 7:28 am #16154087

j.c.J

Thank you for response. But I am not ussing woo-commerce, there is custom post type with name "Products" and when I added ACF fields which mentioned Products ordering. It display correct on backend but when I checked at front it shows wrong. Is there any particular steps or settings to follow duplicate translations?

Here is the screenshot of backend : hidden link
Here is the screenshot of front end : hidden link

September 9, 2024 at 7:36 pm #16158695

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Thank you for sharing the screenshots!

I'd have to review the current set up to best understand.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to test the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

**Before we proceed It is necessary to take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website. Providing us with access, you agree that a backup has been taken **

I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you enter is private which means only you and I have access to it.

NOTE: If access to the live site is not possible and the staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin.

Thank you,
Bobby

The topic ‘[Closed] Need Assistance to duplicate translation’ is closed to new replies.