Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mariaG-51 3 days, 11 hours ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
September 19, 2024 at 5:11 pm #16200361

mariaG-51

Background of the issue:
I am trying to add a translation by clicking on the + button, but the Advanced Translator doesn't work. Instead, it opens the WordPress default editor.

Symptoms:
The Advanced WPML Translator is not working and the WordPress default editor opens instead.

Questions:
Why is the Advanced WPML Translator not working?
How can I fix the issue of the WordPress default editor opening instead of the Advanced WPML Translator?

September 20, 2024 at 8:33 pm #16204122

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

There might be a chance that you have selected to use the default WordPress Editor for translations instead of using the WPML translation editors, by setting the options as it is shown here in this documentation URL below:

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/#how-to-get-different-designs-for-different-translations

Please check and let me know how that goes.

Mihai Apetrei

September 22, 2024 at 5:18 pm #16206589

mariaG-51

Good evening, sir.

I appreciate your answer, but I already checked that documentation. That's why I contacted support for further help.

I'm using Elementor Pro, not the default editor. When I want to add a translation, the default editor opens, showing an empty page. As you see in the screenshot attached, I don't see the options that are shown in the documentation you just sent.

I need to solve this issue as soon as possible, please.

Captura de pantalla 2024-09-22 a las 18.16.08.png
Captura de pantalla 2024-09-22 a las 18.12.11.png
September 23, 2024 at 9:28 am #16208255

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

The screenshot that you sent me is from the backend of the translation page.

You should edit the main language page and that's where you will find those options on the right.

Those options are only showing in the default language edit page.

Does that make sense? Do you understand what I mean or you prefer to share site access with me so that I can show you?

Practically, while you are in the backend of the site, you need to make sure that you are on the default/main language first (make sure the language flag at the top black bar is the default language) and then go to pages > find the page > and hover your mouse over it and select the first "Edit" link.

Then, on the right, you should find those settings and you will see that probably the WPML translation editor is disabled at the moment.

Please let me know how things go.

September 23, 2024 at 9:49 am #16208464

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

The domain doesn't work so I can't access it at the moment.

I get ads as you see in the screenshot.

These were the links that I tried to access:

hidden link

hidden link

Screenshot 2024-09-23 at 12.49.14.png
September 23, 2024 at 9:53 am #16208513

mariaG-51

Hi Mihai:

To be able to access, you need to add this to your host:

151.80.161.28 devtrastea.club

September 23, 2024 at 7:39 pm #16211695

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

Thank you, I can confirm that I was able to log in following the steps that you mentioned.

From what I can see on the site, all pages and posts are already translated so I'm not sure where you are trying to click the + icon.

Should I create a new post/page or you want to do that so that I can reproduce the issue, see the + icon and so that I will be able to click it?

Please let me know.

September 23, 2024 at 7:43 pm #16211702

mariaG-51

The content it’s just duplicated. The main language is Spanish. If you try to edit the translation in the editing icon, you will face the same issue: the ATE is not working

September 24, 2024 at 12:30 pm #16214743

mariaG-51

Plase, I need to solve this issue as soon as possible, can you please help?

September 24, 2024 at 7:20 pm #16217313

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

So, I created this test page here in Spanish (this is the Spanish WordPress Editor page):
hidden link

Please take a look at my screenshots and follow the steps mentioned in one of the screenshots.

I hope that things are clearer now.

Screenshot 2024-09-24 at 22.15.59.png
Screenshot 2024-09-24 at 22.14.46.png
September 25, 2024 at 6:16 am #16218152

mariaG-51

Hi Mihai! It was a brilliant idea to create a new page and fix it from there. I clicked the option that says "apply to all the pages" and now it works! Thank you very much for your help. (Your Spanish is very good, btw ;)) Kind regards

mariaG-51 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-09-25 06:18:20.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.