Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lucas Vidal de Andrade 3 days, 4 hours ago.

Assisted by: Lucas Vidal de Andrade.

Author Posts
September 20, 2024 at 3:00 pm #16203477

ingridaK-3

Global section present in the Home Page not translatable.

September 20, 2024 at 7:18 pm #16203982

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hey there.

I’m still checking on your issue.

To provide you with some context, the element that is showing untranslated in the home page is a global template. Even after recreating the translation and updating the translation of the home page, i wasn't able to make it work as expected. I’ll keep testing and perhaps get a second opinion.

I’ll get back to you as soon as I have new information on it.

September 23, 2024 at 11:21 am #16209189

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hey there,

Can you please share your access details once more? I'm still checking on a copy of your website.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” or "All in One WP Migration" on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:

hidden link

September 23, 2024 at 11:29 am #16209213

ingridaK-3

Hi there,

I see no private box to provide access details.
I think you have made duplicate on Friday and already installed those plugins you are mentioning? At least you have asked that and I said - whatever it takes to fix this.

September 23, 2024 at 5:37 pm #16211272

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Hey there,

Can you please check again? It should look something like that:
hidden link

The credentials you sent are not available to me anymore. I need access to your website, so I can ask for a second opinion with my developer colleagues.

September 24, 2024 at 12:26 pm #16214734

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Hey,

I got this message: "ERROR: The username or password you entered is incorrect. Lost your password?"

Can you please check? I'm sorry for the back and forth, but I need access to a fresh copy, so I can forward it to our devs.

September 24, 2024 at 2:22 pm #16215552

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

This is indeed taking some back and forth, if I'm interpreting your passwords correctly. The credentials you sent are, once again, invalid. I'm talking about the WPML-Admin user. Please verify if they're working before sharing access, this way we can save some time.

September 24, 2024 at 6:33 pm #16217190

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Thank you so much. I'm getting a second opinion with my developer colleagues and will get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for your patience.

September 25, 2024 at 12:41 pm #16220343

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Hey there,

I was able to fix the issue directly on your website. The problem we were having was that the specific Global Section was not being translated. It seemed to be specific to that template.

I directly inserted the content in the home page and translated it. Please check and let me know if now it's working as expected now.