Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqas Bin Hasan 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Waqas Bin Hasan.

Author Posts
June 28, 2024 at 10:30 am #15851074

arneR-3

Background of the issue:
I am trying to translate the text in the template into German. When switching the language on the web page from English to German, the English text of the template does not change. The template is used by shortcut format [elementor-template id=""]. Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

Symptoms:
I expect to see the text of the German translation I made for this template, but I still see the original text instead.

Questions:
Why is the text in the template not translating into German?
How can I ensure the template text changes when switching languages?

June 28, 2024 at 1:12 pm #15852175

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the support.

I just checked hidden link and can see all the content in the German language (please see attached).

Can you please explain more about the issue and can show exactly where it is happening?

Regards.

screenshot-flowdit.com-2024.06.28-18_07_00.jpg
July 2, 2024 at 1:36 pm #15875876

arneR-3

I'm grateful for such a prompt response.
I have not described my difficulties with the translation accurately enough. An advertising banner has not been translated into German, as you can see in the attached picture.

Bildschirmfoto 2024-07-02 um 15.34.40.png
July 3, 2024 at 7:17 am #15881337

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for the details, I can see that banner as you mentioned.

However, as I inspected the page in detail, I found that is coming form Elementor and perhaps its a widget which needs to be recognized by WPML.

This is a common case among page builders because of new widgets or changes in the existing ones. WPML offers a very intuitive way of dealing with such elements. Please check the following guides:

- https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/how-to-register-page-builder-widgets-for-translation/
- https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-compatibility-test-tools-plugin/registering-custom-elementor-widgets-for-translation/

The first guide explains about it and demonstrates about how you can find Elementor's widgets information and how you can register it with WPML.

The second guide offers our Multilingual Tool to do most of the job.

July 9, 2024 at 1:40 pm #15921137

arneR-3

Thanks for your help
I tried the methods from the first article and they didn't work for me. I don't think the problem is that WPML doesn't accept my widget, because when I make a translation in the WPML editor, I can see all the text data and I can make a translation to each one. You can see this in the photo I added to the very first post. In my template I use standard simple widgets like image, header, list, button, that is no custom widgets.
There is another oddity I discovered while debugging. Let me give some context: I use several similar templates for different articles, all of them are built and used in the same way, only the text changes depending on the article category for which the template is placed. Now to the weirdness: 3 of the 5 templates switch between the two languages perfectly, atomatically and without my intervention. The other 2 remain always English. Again, I worked on them in the same way, by copying the first one created and replacing the text.

hier it works: hidden link
and hier: hidden link

hier it doesn't: hidden link
hidden link

July 10, 2024 at 5:05 am #15925343

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for the details.

I need to take a closer look at your site. So I request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP), preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated.

Your next answer will be private, to share this information safely.

Also provide detailed steps to reproduce the issue and links to pages in admin and on frontend.

IMPORTANT: Please take a complete backup of the site to avoid data loss. I may need to activate/deactivate plugins also.

See https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/ for details on privacy and security.

The topic ‘[Closed] Еranslation into German’ is closed to new replies.