Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 53 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Ibrahim 2 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
May 25, 2022 at 10:00 am #11302327

walkmew

When I click on the button Check status and get translations then I am getting 500 error.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

Instead, I got:A communication error has appeared. Please wait a few minutes and try again. I have tried several times and receive the same message with no other errors that I can see.

I am getting following error:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_element_id() on null in /nas/content/live/kbwalkme/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/emails/notification/summary/class-wpml-tm-jobs-summary-report.php:81\nStack trace:\n#0 /nas/content/live/kbwalkme/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/emails/notification/summary/class-wpml-tm-jobs-summary-report.php(47): WPML_TM_Jobs_Summary_Report->build_completed_jobs()\n#1 /nas/content/live/kbwalkme/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/emails/notification/summary/class-wpml-tm-jobs-summary-report-process-factory.php(66): WPML_TM_Jobs_Summary_Report->__construct(Object(WPML_Translation_Jobs_Collection), Object(WPML_TM_String), Object(WPML_TM_Post), 'weekly', Object(WPML_Translation_Element_Factory))\n#2 /nas/content/live/kbwalkme/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/emails/notification/summary/class-wpml-tm-jobs-summary-report-process-factory.php(19): WPML_TM_Jobs_Summary_Report_Process_Factory->get_summary_ in /nas/content/live/kbwalkme/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/emails/notification/summary/class-wpml-tm-jobs-summary-report.php on line 81

I need help asap!

May 25, 2022 at 4:17 pm #11308269

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting WPML support.

I've checked your screenshot and I'm able to see the error message. It means that your server cannot communicate with our WPML servers.

According to your debug log, it looks like you're still using the older versions of the WPML plugin. Kindly update WPML plugins manually by following the steps in our documentation here https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#automated-updates .

If the issue persists after updating, I would need to take a closer look at your site. So I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons, and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/ plugin for these backup needs.

Your following answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site if required. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Thanks!

Kor

May 31, 2022 at 6:26 am #11348805

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm able to "check status" after clicking on the "Refresh translation services" in WPML->Support->Troubleshooting

Could you check and let me know how it goes?

Thanks!

Kor

May 31, 2022 at 12:59 pm #11353345

walkmew

Hello Kor,

Here are the steps where we are getting error code 500. Please check carefully.

1. Click on the button Check status and get translations under the menu WPML > Translation Management within the back-office. Screen-shot: hidden link

3. A fetch request will trigger in the browser console network tab, where we will get the tatus code 500. Screen-shot: hidden link

4. Following response we are getting with the request apply-translations: Screen-shot: hidden link

{
    "code": 400,
    "message": "(100) A general error occurred. It could be a temporary issue.\nPlease try again after a few minutes.\nIf problem persists please visit our support forum for help.\n Details: | url: `\/jobs\/1086863\/xliff.json?api_version=1.1&accesskey=13dba623e2b200f6876e26c3db9bf2e7d1f5f149f6d89697ccb65f73cdc2d47d` method: `GET` param: `{\"api_version\":1.1,\"job_id\":1086863}` response: `{\"status\":{\"code\":100,\"message\":\"A general error occurred. It could be a temporary issue.\\nPlease try again after a few minutes.\\nIf problem persists please visit our support forum for help.\\n\",\"debug\":\"no implicit conversion of nil into String\"},\"response\":null}`",
    "data": null
}

We did some research within the plugin wpml-translation-management and found below code snippet is responsible for error response. These code is under the function apply within the file path plugins\wpml-translation-management\classes\translation-proxy\translations\class-wpml-tp-apply-translation.php

$downloaded_jobs = new WPML_TM_Jobs_Collection(
	$jobs->filter_by_status( ICL_TM_TRANSLATION_READY_TO_DOWNLOAD )
		 ->map( array( $this->apply_single_job, 'apply' ) )
);
June 1, 2022 at 2:31 pm #11363585

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm able to replicate it when tested as shown in the attached screen recording. hidden link .

Could you please share FTP access here so that I could escalate it to our 2nd tier support?

Your following answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

Thanks!

Kor

June 6, 2022 at 11:02 am #11395127

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your credentials.

I will forward this to our 2nd tier support for further investigation and I will come back to you once I've feedback.

Thanks!

Kor

June 6, 2022 at 3:11 pm #11397151

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your patience.

I've feedback from our 2nd tier support and he suggested that you check the server limits.
The error could be caused if the job is too large and the process is taking too much memory or time for PHP or cURL.

Also, since you're using WPEngine, they are killing some time-consuming processes and large SQL requests – so the problem could be that.

Reference :
- hidden link
- hidden link

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Kor

June 7, 2022 at 10:00 am #11402469

walkmew

Hello Kor,

As you suggested, to prevent LONG QUERY and KILLED QUERY limitations I have added a constant in the wp-config.php file.

define( 'WPE_GOVERNOR', false ); 

Also I informed to the WpEngine support about the long process killer and they have disabled long process killer from their end.

But I am still getting the same issue. Please suggest.

June 7, 2022 at 1:51 pm #11405031

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

I've forwarded your feedback to our 2nd tier support and they will look into this again for you. I'll come back to you once I've feedback.

Thanks!

Kor

June 13, 2022 at 5:20 am #11445635

walkmew

Hello Kor,

We are still waiting for your response. Please let me know if you want any other information from us.

Thanks

June 13, 2022 at 4:45 pm #11451707

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

I've yet to hear from our 2nd tier support but I've just dropped another message and hopefully, we'll hear from them soon.

Thanks!

Kor

June 14, 2022 at 7:36 am #11455001

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

We've escalated this to our developers and they will look into this for you asap! I'll come back to you once I've feedback.

Thanks!

Kor

June 17, 2022 at 10:51 am #11484221

walkmew

Hello Kor,

We are still waiting for your response.It is so important for us. Please update soon.

Thanks

June 20, 2022 at 5:52 am #11495225

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

I apologize for the delay. I've checked the report and it's still in a queue for a review. I will update you as soon as I've feedback.

Thanks!

Kor

June 21, 2022 at 7:43 am #11505659

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Sorry, we would need a site snapshot to continue with the troubleshooting. Or can we have your permission to create a snapshot on our own?

We usually recommend the free Plugin “Duplicator” for this purpose.

If you already know how Duplicator works (https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/),please skip the following steps and just send me the archive file you downloaded.

★ Duplicator hidden link

If the file is too large (more than 400M), please use the Duplicator file filters to remove the cache, the wp-uploads directory, the media, and the archive files.

Send me the link to the archive file (you probably want to use Google Drive, Dropbox, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big).

Your next reply will be private, which means that only you and I will be able to see it and have access to it.

You can paste the link to the file there.

Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site.

Thanks!

Kor

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.