Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
If you're experiencing issues where related posts in the API still appear in the original language despite having translations, and your code works locally but not on the live site.
Solution:
We recommend you follow these steps:
1. Navigate to WPML-> Languages.
2. Select 'Different languages in directories' in the Language URL Format section.
3. Save your changes.
4. Resave the permalinks.
5. Check the translated endpoint with '/en/'.

If this solution does not resolve your issue, or if it seems outdated or irrelevant to your case, please open a new support ticket. We highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. For further assistance, you can also visit our support forum at WPML Support Forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 8.36 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
August 16, 2024 at 11:24 am #16078129

timH-49

I cannot see your answer anymore. But to answer it anyway:

1) No, I did not move the site (after installing wpml)

2) This works.

This is so complicated :/ I guess over time wpml added feature after feature and now even the most basic things (translating text) are overly complex. How can it work for a new posts but not the old posts?

August 16, 2024 at 11:29 am #16078130

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for your update. Please try the following on the exciting translation:

1- Edit the post in the default language
2- Add V2 to the title and update the post
3- Delete the V2 and update the post
4- Update the translation using the translation editor
5- Complete it to 100% and save
6- Check the translated post

If the translated post works correctly, please make any edits to the default language post and update the translation to check if the updates will be added correctly.

Best regards,
Osama

August 16, 2024 at 11:32 am #16078144

timH-49

Yeah, some translations are gone and some survived. Now I have to do this for 20 posts but ok :/

timH-49 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-08-16 11:32:23.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.