Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 11 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
October 9, 2023 at 4:01 pm #14541449

nikitaS-7

I am trying to translate Mini-cart into Latvian language. But I don't see any of "YOUR CART", "... ITEMS", etc. in strings.

I tried scanning the strings with the "Search strings during page rendering" option, but it didn't find anything.

What's interesting is that although I can't find any Mini-cart strings to translate, Mini-cart is already available in Russian.

Moreover, the same problems as with Mini-cart appear on the website quite frequently (for example, I cannot translate button "Apply" in product cost selection).

Link to the website: hidden link

Thank you in advance!

October 10, 2023 at 3:03 am #14543369

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi Nikita,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I'd be happy to help you with this issue.

What's interesting is that although I can't find any Mini-cart strings to translate, Mini-cart is already available in Russian.

I see the mini cart on your site is a Gutenberg block and created by the theme "Everglow". It looks like the theme has the mo file that includes translated strings into Russian language. If you want to manage it in String Translation, please go to WPML > Theme and plugins localization > WPML has detected changed or new MO files > Select the theme and scan files. Please check this screenshot hidden link

Or scan strings in the theme and translate them on your own. Refer to the documentation https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

October 16, 2023 at 3:41 pm #14586597

nikitaS-7

Hello!

Thank you for your response!
And sorry for my late response.

I followed your instruction of scanning "WPML has detected changed or new MO files", as well as I have scanned theme in "Strings in the themes" section (in "Theme and plugins localization"). Then I scanned "WooCommerce" and "WooCommerce Blocks". But unfortunately, nothing worked.

I tried to find string in "Translate texts in admin screens", but struggled to find it there - it does not see anything by request "mini-cart-title" ("<span class="wp-block-woocommerce-mini-cart-title-label-block">Your cart</span>").

What can be the reason of the problem and what can I do?

Thank you in advance!

October 17, 2023 at 1:40 am #14589439

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Please help me replicate the issue on a clean installation of WordPress. You can access the WordPress dashboard using the link below:
hidden link

Kindly follow the steps below:

- Don’t restore your site there.
- Install Everglow theme.
- Try to replicate the issue.
- Then let me know the steps to replicate it.

Thanks

October 17, 2023 at 9:30 am #14592119

nikitaS-7

Hello!

I replicated the issue by following steps:

1. Installed Theme
2. Turned on Woocommerce
3. Turned on:
3.1. WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency,
3.2. WPML String Translation
4. Configured WPML:
4.1. Default Language - English,
4.2. Translation Languages - Russian, Latvian,
4.3. Translate What You Choose,
etc.
5. Added Sample Product
6. Added Product to the Cart
7. "YOUR CART" is translated to Russian, but not translated to Latvian

8. Then, I scanned "WPML has detected changed or new MO files" (screenshot 1)
9. Also, I scanned theme Everglow
10. I checked String Translation for "YOUR CART", got "No strings found"

11. I clicked "Look for strings while pages are rendered", went to shop and opened cart
12. Then, I returned and scanned string for "YOUR CART" and got nothing

Sincerely,
Nikita

chrome_jacJt6kcg1.png
October 18, 2023 at 1:41 am #14598707

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

After investigating the issue further, I see strings in the mini cart are located in the WooCommerce block package. For example: "Your Cart" string is located in the file
/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/packages/woocommerce-blocks/build/mini-cart-contents-block/title-label-frontend.js

And currently, String Translation does not work with WooCommerce blocks to scan/manage strings there. This issue has been escalated to our development team and we are working on it. Hopefully, it will be compatible soon.

Refer to this documentation https://wpml.org/errata/woocommerce-checkout-block-fails-to-translate-some-values/

If you have a question about why those strings are displayed in Russian language, because they are already translated in the WordPress translation system
hidden link
hidden link
and pull into your site under the folder /wp-content/languages/plugins/(woocommerce json files).

Thanks

October 19, 2023 at 9:53 am #14613319

nikitaS-7

Hello!

Thank you for your answer!

Can you please tell me approximately when the problem will be fixed in the plugin? Will it come out in the next update?

Thanks again for your help!

Regards,
Nikita

October 20, 2023 at 1:47 am #14619991

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Sorry, I cannot give you the estimated time to arrive. But our development team is working on it and the fix should be included in future updates. Meanwhile, you can contribute your translation to the WordPress translation system.

Thanks and have a good day.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.