Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
You are trying to get the Divi Pixel Popup Maker to work on translated pages. While it works on the English version, the popups do not appear on the Spanish version; instead, the page just refreshes when buttons are clicked.
Solution:
We noticed that the popup was triggering based on the popup CSS ID selector, and the translated popup has a unique ID which needs to be updated on the translated page. Also, the secondary language popup status was inactive. Here are the steps we recommend:
1. Go to the Popup Maker page, hover over the popup, and press the Quick Edit button.
2. Choose the Activate checkbox and press the Update button.
3. Add the following XML in WPML >> Settings > Custom XML Configuration section:

<wpml-config><shortcodes><shortcode><tag>dipi_pricing_table_item</tag><attributes><attribute>module_id</attribute></attributes></shortcode></shortcodes></wpml-config>

4. Make a small change in the default language page and edit the translated page in WPML Translation Editor.
5. Search for the default language popup ID "dipi_popup_id_22988219" and add the translated popup ID "dipi_popup_id_22988723" as translation.
Please try these steps on your live site and see if this resolves the issue.

If this solution does not apply because it might be outdated or not relevant to your case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the issue persists, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 1 week, 2 days ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author Posts
September 15, 2024 at 7:05 am #16179371

pietroM-14

Background of the issue:
I am trying to get the Divi Pixel Popup Maker to work on translated pages. On the English (original) version, the popups are working when I click the buttons for each package. In Spanish, the same thing would have to happen. I've translated everything. The issue can be seen on this page:

- hidden link
- hidden link

In the Spanish version popups don't come up, when I click the buttons, the page just refreshes.

Symptoms:
In Spanish, the popups don't come up. When I click the buttons, the page just refreshes.

Questions:
Why are the popups not working on the translated Spanish page?
Is there a specific setting in WPML that I need to adjust for the popups to work on translated pages?

September 15, 2024 at 9:32 am #16179605

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I’ve visited your site and I can see that the popup is not working in a secondary language.

To take a closer look at this issue, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private, meaning only you and I can access it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to deactivate and reactivate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is essential.

Thank you

September 18, 2024 at 6:55 am #16191174

Noman
Supporter

Apologies for the delay in response, as I was off yesterday due to our national holiday. Thanks for providing the staging/test site access, I’m debugging this issue and get back to you with an update soon.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience

September 18, 2024 at 3:58 pm #16194567

Noman
Supporter

I’ve noticed that the popup was triggering based on the popup CSS ID selector and translated popup has unique ID which needs to be updated on translated page and I noticed that the secondary language popup status was inactive, so I followed the below steps:

1. Went to the Popup Maker page and hover to the popup and pressed the Quick Edit button.
2. Choose the Activate checkbox and press the Update button as you can see in the attached screenshot.
3. Added the below XML in WPML >> Settings > Custom XML Configuration section:

<wpml-config>
  <shortcodes>
    <shortcode>
      <tag>dipi_pricing_table_item</tag>
      <attributes>
        <attribute>module_id</attribute>
      </attributes>
    </shortcode>
  </shortcodes>
</wpml-config>

4. Made a small change in the default language page and edited the translated page in WPML Translation Editor.
5. Searched for the default language popup ID “dipi_popup_id_22988219” and added the translated popup ID “dipi_popup_id_22988723” as translation.

Now, it seems to be working correctly at frontend.
hidden link
hidden link

Could you please try to follow these steps on your live site and see if this resolves the issue.

Thank you

popup IDs.jpg
different pop up ids in both lang.jpg
default and secondary lang popup id translation.jpg
Active the popup in both languages.jpg
September 19, 2024 at 10:37 pm #16200903
pietroM-14

Ok! That worked, how can I translate the id's for other sections?
I have popups set to trigger on sections and buttons as well.

For example on that same page, the banner at the bottom that says: "Still haven't found what you're looking for?"

Or this page: hidden link the button that says "Let's build your website today".

I tried this code but it's working:

<wpml-config>
<shortcodes>
<shortcode>
<tag>dipi_pricing_table_item</tag>
<attributes>
<attribute>id</attribute>
</attributes>
</shortcode>
<shortcode>
<tag>et_pb_button</tag>
<attributes>
</attributes>
</shortcode>
<shortcode>
<tag>et_pb_module</tag>
<attributes>
</attributes>
</shortcode>
</shortcodes>
</wpml-config>

New threads created by Noman and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-can-i-translate-the-ids-for-other-sections/

September 22, 2024 at 8:14 am #16205587

Noman
Supporter

Sorry for the delay, I was off during the weekend (Friday-Saturday). Glad to hear it worked for the package buttons. For the section ID’s translation issue, it’s a different issue and will be handled separately as per our support policy. I've created a new ticket for this at: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-can-i-translate-the-ids-for-other-sections/

If the original issue is solved please mark this ticket as resolved.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.