Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by aliK-22 2 hours, 35 minutes ago.

Assisted by: Lucas Vidal de Andrade.

Author Posts
October 1, 2024 at 1:45 pm

aliK-22

Background of the issue:
I am trying to resolve multiple issues on our cleansmileyturkey.com website. The issues are related to the WPML plugin affecting the sidebar visibility, homepage title, site structure, and URL translations. Here are the examples: hidden link, hidden link, hidden link, hidden link, hidden link, hidden link. The issues are not only present in the links I provided but also in other languages.

Symptoms:
1. The sidebar is visible in the English version but missing in all other languages on both post pages and site pages. 2. The homepage title is missing in the English version but appears in other languages. 3. The plugin disrupts the site structure. 4. Some URLs are not translated correctly, and unpublished pages appear live in other languages.

Questions:
Why is the sidebar missing in all languages except English?
Why does the homepage title appear in other languages but not in English?
Why does the plugin disrupt the site structure?
Why are some URLs not translated correctly, and why do unpublished pages appear live in other languages?

October 1, 2024 at 2:31 pm
October 1, 2024 at 2:48 pm #16241279

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hey there,

I've cleared your website's cache and checked the home page in all languages again. The title is not showing anymore. Can you please confirm? Make sure to also clear the cache on your side.

Also, if the other issues persist after clearing the cache, please list them and send me screenshots. I'll be waiting.

October 4, 2024 at 8:51 am #16252928

aliK-22

We notice that some pages appear to be translated and even published, even though they are not live. As a result, some URLs show as translated despite being 404 errors, and the URL of the page that should actually be live is modified and published. For example, there is a "Contact" page and an unpublished "Contact" page. They add the number "2" at the end of the URL for the published "Contact" page, causing it to return a 404 error. This was the issue; now let me move on to my main question. Can we delete the pages of a language, such as German pages, and have them retranslated and recreated?

October 4, 2024 at 11:05 am #16253693

aliK-22

One more issue: after the translation, unnecessary pages like these were created. Why do they exist? These pages didn’t exist before.

hidden link

hidden link

hidden link