Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqas Bin Hasan 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqas Bin Hasan.

Author Posts
February 21, 2024 at 8:31 am #15325871

Boris

Hi,
I have a feature request, but not sure where to post it.

It would be great to have a filter option when on a page/post/custom post type overview:
"translated' and "not translated".

So you can filter out any posts you have already translated, and see only the ones that still need translation. Or the other way around. It regularly happens that I am hired as WPML consultant, and translations have to be made for hundreds of posts. Having an overview of only the remaining items would be a great help.

Kind regards,
Boris

February 21, 2024 at 10:51 am #15327049

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hello Boris,

Thank you for contacting the support.

You can filter the content by their translation status in WPML -> Translation Management (https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/), see attached for a reference.

Have you tried that or if you can expand on your idea, that'd be great?

Regards.

tm.jpg
February 21, 2024 at 12:17 pm #15327729

Boris

Hi Waqas,
thanks for your reply.
No, I do not mean in the WPML Translations page. I mean in the regular WordPress overview pages for pages, posts, custom post types. Example: WP-admin > left side menu > Posts.

February 21, 2024 at 12:52 pm #15327973

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Well IMO, you can still achieve that from the Translation Management dashboard. You can filter by post type, language and status.

I discussed with the team about the feasibility of this feature request. I'll request more detail about how the proposed feature 'll be more helpful?

On the other hand, yes, on the TM there are no number of counts for the found results, which can be helpful finding how much is there. This can be considered a good update in TM dashboard.

Please let me know.

February 21, 2024 at 2:37 pm #15328782

Boris

You are right, that is an option.

However, I come across a lot of different situations and knowledge levels. For example I have encountered numerous websites where the translations were actually created manually whilst in the default language. So you have a list of say 200 posts, each translated into 5 languages. That makes a list of 1000 posts. Then I am asked to sort out the mess and set things up properly. So I go in and change the language of the translations and connect them to the default language post. Having the option for an overview of what is not translated yet would be a blessing.
That is just one example, I've seen numerous situations like this or similar. Then there are a lot of content managers that are familiar with the WP interface, but not with WPML. Letting them see where they still need to translate, from the overview they are used to would also be beneficial.
I also think it's probably not something that would be very complicated to add.

I realize there are all situations where WPML was not set up properly, or there is a lack of knowledge. However, that is reality in many cases...

February 22, 2024 at 5:08 am #15331035

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for taking time and explaining in the detail. I think I can agree with that and hopefully we can look into this.

I'll prepare this for a feature request and 'll forward to the relevant team.

Thanks again and have a great time 🙂

February 22, 2024 at 7:56 am #15331382

Boris

Thank you Waqas.

Have a nice day!
Kind regards,
Boris