This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dennis 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
May 8, 2019 at 12:39 am #3762811

igorS-22

Hello,

I have translated my footer layout using WPML but when i switch languages the footer doesn't change for some reason. Everything else is working properly except for the footer.
I hope that you will be able to help me.

Looking forward to your answer.
Best,
Igor

May 8, 2019 at 7:39 am #3764341

Dennis

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

I would like to request temporary access (/wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. Your next reply will be set to private.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally to continue debugging and escalate if necessary. For this I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Please confirm if this okay with you.

Our Debugging Procedures
I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to BACKUP the site before providing us access.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 9, 2019 at 1:22 am #3771753

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for providing us with the access details.

However, when I tried accessing your site I was redirected to '403 forbidden' page. Please see attached image.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 9, 2019 at 5:38 am #3773189

igorS-22

Hello, my hosting provider is block access to everyone outside of my country (Serbia). Could you tell me where are trying to access it from so i can ask them to permit access from your country.

Best,
Igor

May 9, 2019 at 6:03 am #3773221

Dennis

Hi,

I am accessing your site from Philippines (ip: 112.211.245.250). Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 9, 2019 at 9:01 am #3774343

igorS-22

You should be able to access it now.

May 9, 2019 at 10:20 am #3775131

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for providing us with the access details

I tried to create a duplicator package so I can continue debugging without affecting your site.Unfortunately, I having issues while building Duplicator package in your site. It could due to some server configuration constraints.

Another option is to migrate your site to our test server is by using Cloudways WordPress Migrator plugin ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/bv-cloudways-automated-migration/ ).

If it is OK with you, we can migrate your site to our test server from CloudWays to continue debugging without any risk on your end.
https://wpml.org/hosting-partner/cloudways/

Please let me know if you wish to proceed so I can create an application instance for you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 9, 2019 at 6:39 pm #3778855

igorS-22

Are you going to move it or just copy it there ?

May 11, 2019 at 7:43 am #3789877

igorS-22

For some reason the migration is failing, i tried 3 times and each time it failed. Feel free to do it yourself if thats ok with you, maybe i did something wrong. :/

Thanks in advance,
Igor

May 12, 2019 at 5:33 pm #3793483

igorS-22

I managed to transfer the website, you can try doing your thing now. 😛

May 13, 2019 at 3:09 am #3794549

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Could you please try to update your theme to its latest version ( v1.2.1 )? Which they added support to WordPress 5.0+ and updated all plugins to latest version including WP Bakery visual composer.

Please see the theme changelog here: hidden link

Note: Please backup your site completely before updating the theme.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 17, 2019 at 12:05 am #3829867

igorS-22

I will do that in a few days, im out of town atm. Sorry and thanks for helping, will let you know as soon as i update the theme.

May 17, 2019 at 1:22 am #3830047

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

No worries. Please take your time to follow the suggested solution and let me know your results.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

The topic ‘[Closed] Footer translation’ is closed to new replies.