Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
After installing and activating certain plugins, the client's home page content disappeared, leaving only the header, menu, and part of the footer visible.
Solution:
We found that the homepage content is generated by PE Eco Energy widgets located in Appearance > Widgets. For the widgets that are not displaying content:
1. Correct the language settings for each widget and save the changes.
2. If the translation of the widget content is needed:
- Navigate to WPML > String Translation and click on "Translate texts in admin screens »".
- Search for the relevant keywords and add the widget option to String Translation.
- Return to String Translation, set the source language of the string to Greek, and provide the translation.
We recommend reviewing the following documentation for further guidance:

If this solution does not seem relevant to your issue, please open a new support ticket with us.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
January 8, 2024 at 7:58 pm #15162480

Agathon

After installing and activating plugins hidden link, my home page was empty from content. Deactivating imediatelly plugins in screenshot problem was resolved.
Only header and menu was ok and 3/4 part of fotter.

No Just install plugins.

You can reproduce my issue by activating plugins in attached screenshot and reloading website.

hidden link

wpml-homepage-blank.jpg
January 9, 2024 at 4:17 am #15162965

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi Agathon,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I'd be happy to help you with this issue.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to have a testing site where the issue is replicated. Your next reply is set to private to share the info.

❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding ❌
You can use this plugin to create the backup: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme to change configurations on the site if needed. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

January 9, 2024 at 6:47 pm #15166235

Agathon

Hello again,
I see now that i have an old verion of plugin Version 3.0.4, i will update to Version 3.1.3 and let you know.

January 10, 2024 at 2:26 am #15167020

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

After installing WPML on your site and reviewing the theme options, I see the homepage content is created by widgets in Appearance > Widgets. For some widgets that you select to show on the page, you should make a small change to the widget content > correct the language to show and re-save. Please check screenshots attached.

If you want to translate the widget content, please follow steps below:
- Go to WPML > String Translation > Click on "Translate texts in admin screens »".
- Search for the relevant keywords > Add the widget option to String Translation.
- Go back to String Translation > Change the source language of the string to Greek and translate it. By default, the language of the options is English.

Refer documentation
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/how-to-change-the-source-language-of-strings/

Thanks

Widgets ‹ 4Roses Olympus Pool villas | Πλάκα Λιτοχώρου — WordPress 2024-01-10 09-18-22.png
Widgets ‹ 4Roses Olympus Pool villas | Πλάκα Λιτοχώρου — WordPress 2024-01-10 09-18-05.png
Widgets ‹ 4Roses Olympus Pool villas | Πλάκα Λιτοχώρου — WordPress 2024-01-10 09-17-49.png
January 10, 2024 at 12:32 pm #15168804

Agathon

Hello,
I've seen this before to buy your extension hidden link and hidden link Still to contach with them?
Also i would like to ask you someting more. I've translate this widget in home page hidden link & hidden link
How i can change language switcher, i cannot see other languages only Greek.
hidden link

January 11, 2024 at 2:39 am #15172106

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Sorry, it was tested a long time ago and now I see that.
For the language switcher, you should translate the homepage into other languages to display the language switcher of other languages.

Thanks

Edit Page “Home” ‹ 4Roses Olympus Pool villas | Πλάκα Λιτοχώρου — WordPress 2024-01-11 09-38-47.png
January 12, 2024 at 11:01 am #15178469
Agathon

Hello again,
With your instructions i was able todisplay the language switcher of other languages in home page and other pages as well. Thanks for your support.
I would like to ask you if you can help to translate two contact forms i think they are integrated with Theme's operation.
You can see from this page hidden link & hidden link and in home page hidden link
If i cannot confiugure and translate these parts i will change them with contact form plugin which i can see that is compatible with wpml plugin.
Just help me out if i am missing somthing or just cannot trasnlate these parts name,subject,buttons from contact forms.

Thank you
Regards
Agathon

New threads created by Long Nguyen and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-i-can-translate-two-contact-forms/

January 14, 2024 at 10:51 am #15182202

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

We can handle one issue per ticket only so I will split your new issue with the translation contact form in another ticket.
If you see the main issue with the homepage and its translation is resolved, please mark it as Resolved.

Thanks.

Agathon confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-01-15 09:03:35.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.