Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
You are trying to translate Bricks Builder pages and some Custom Post Types (CPT) created with JetEngine, but the design of the Bricks Builder pages disappears, and you are unable to find some meta fields in the translated version.
Solution:
For the issue with Bricks Builder pages losing design upon translation, please refer to our Errata page for a known issue and workaround: Bricks translated content not showing on frontend.
To translate shortcodes from the translation editor, you need to register the shortcode for translation. Follow the guide here: Translate custom shortcodes with WPML.
For translating JetEngine meta fields, navigate to "WPML > Settings → Custom Field Translation" and set the translation preference for those fields to 'Translatable'. For more details, check the Crocoblock guide: Translate Meta Boxes & Meta Fields.
If you encounter issues translating the ID within a shortcode, use the String Translation to translate the entire shortcode. Navigate to "WPML > String Translation", search for the shortcode, and update the ID for translation as needed.

If the solution provided here does not resolve your issue or seems outdated, we recommend opening a new support ticket. Also, check related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verify the version of the permanent fix, and confirm that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. For further assistance, please visit our support forum: WPML Support Forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
June 4, 2024 at 1:27 am #15699549

sebastianS-125

Background of the issue:
I try to translate my Bricks Builder pages and some CPT created with Jetengine on my site hidden link. I am not following any specific documentation, just clicking the plus/gear icon to translate.

Here is a video showing you all visually: hidden link

Symptoms:
The design of my Bricks Builder pages is always gone, and I have to start from scratch. I also have problems translating some meta fields for the CPT; I can't find them in the translated version.

Questions:
How can I translate my Bricks Builder pages without losing the design?
How can I translate meta fields for CPT created with Jetengine?

June 4, 2024 at 11:10 am #15701670

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support.

I checked the video and understood the issue. Below, I've added a probable solution for both issues mentioned in the video.

Contents and layout are not showing on the Translated page: We are aware of an issue with the Bricks builder which is similar to the one that you have reported. Please check this Errata for more details.

Would you please try the workaround mentioned in the errata and see if that helps solve the issue?

Shortcode not showing in the Translation editor: To be able to translate shortcodes from the translation editor, it is required to register the shortcode for translation. Please check this guide to understand the process.

The shortcode attribute should appear in the editor after adding the translation support properly.

Regarding the issue you mentioned about translating JetEngine meta fields, you'll need to navigate to "WPML > Settings → Custom Field Translation" and ensure that the translation preference for those fields is set to 'Translatable'. If the fields are not set as translatable, the field data will not appear in the editor for translation.

There is a guide by the Crocoblock team that covers the overall process. Please check hidden link">this guide and I hope it will help.

Please feel free to let me know if you need any further assistance or clarification. I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

June 9, 2024 at 9:38 am #15719165

sebastianS-125

First of all, sorry for the delay...

I've been reading all the articles and links you sent me.

But I am still not able to translate the shortcode in my CPT, I enabled it in the WPML Settings and also added the script to my functions.php file to translate the ID in the shortcode, but both are not working.

May you can help me with this?
How to translate a shortcode or the ID in the shortcode for a CTP?

Quick summary video for you:
hidden link

June 10, 2024 at 5:39 am #15720132

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hi There,
Thank you for sharing the video.

If you open the 'Trustpilot(DE)' post from the Review Platform post type, do you see any field where you can update or change the ID? If such a field exists, you need to find the name of the field containing the ID and set that field to translatable from WPML > Settings. Since you've set a constant to translate the numbers, it should appear in the translation editor only if you search for the ID, not by its field name.

However, if the ID is dynamically inserted into the shortcode, it might not be possible to translate it from the Translation Editor. In this case, you may need to use String Translation to translate the shortcode. Please try the following steps:

- Please go to "WPML > String Translation".
- Search for the entire shortcode.
- If it appears in the results, click on the "+" icon below the language flag.
- Copy the default shortcode and paste it into the Translation box. Update the ID for translation as needed.

I hope it will help. Feel free to let me know if you need further clarification or assistance in this matter. I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

June 10, 2024 at 9:39 am #15721053

sebastianS-125

Hi,

I opened the 'Trustpilot(DE)' post from the Review Platform post type, and see no field where I can update or change the ID.
Such a field exists, but I don't find this meta field neither in the translation list by default (after enable the meta field) nor by searching it through the search option.

In the attachment, you can see that this field is enabled to be available for translation.

When I search for the ID, I also don't find anything in the editor, 2 image in the attachment.

The option with the string Translation also doesn't work, see also attachment 3 and 4

Can you tell me another option, or do you want access to the website?

Thanks in advance

4 String Translation Entire Shortcode.png
3 String Translation Meta Field.png
2 ID Translation.png
1 Meta Field is available for tranlation.png
June 11, 2024 at 4:45 am #15724419

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hi,

The ID appears to be entered dynamically in the shortcode. This is why you don't see any field to update the shortcode or ID. Since the shortcode is not showing in the String translation, have you added the shortcode to any post or page? If not, please add the shortcode and then check again in the String translation. If the shortcode is still not showing in the String translation, plugin scan should help in this case.

- Please go to WPML > Theme and Plugins Localization
- Select the Social Ninja plugin or the plugin that generates the Shortcode and click on the Scan button at the end.
- Once the Scan is completed, go to "WPML > String Translation" and search for the Shortcode again.

If you still don't see the shortcode. a closer inspection will be required to understand the root cause.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to have a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” or "All in One WP Migration" on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT
-Please backup site files and database before providing us access.
-If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

June 11, 2024 at 9:15 pm #15729023

sebastianS-125

I have been able to solve it with a workaround.

Thanks for your effort and help.

sebastianS-125 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-06-11 21:15:11.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.