Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client wants to translate post comments using WPML.
Solution:
We currently do not support direct translation of user comments. As a workaround, you can display all comments from all languages on all translations of your site. This ensures that the original comments are visible across all language versions. Please follow the steps provided by my colleague in this forum thread: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/synchronize-comments-on-duplicate-content/#post-5971107.

If this solution doesn't look relevant, please open a new support ticket here: WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mateus Getulio 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Mateus Getulio.

Author Posts
January 5, 2024 at 12:09 pm #15154264

rafikH-2

Hi,

I want to translate the post comments also. How can I do that please explain.
hidden link

Thanks.

January 5, 2024 at 6:12 pm #15156129

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

As of now, WPML doesn't support direct translation of user comments. This feature is not currently available, and unfortunately, we don't have a specific timeframe for when or if it will be added.

However, there is a workaround that might help in the meantime. This method allows you to display all comments from all languages on all translations of your site. While it doesn't translate the comments, it does ensure that the original comments are visible across all language versions of your site.

Please have a look at this solution provided by my colleague in the following forum thread: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/synchronize-comments-on-duplicate-content/#post-5971107.

We understand this may not be the ideal solution you were looking for, but we hope it helps in some way until a feature for translating comments becomes available. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please feel free to reach out.

Best regards,

January 8, 2024 at 10:37 am #15159658

rafikH-2

Hi,

I have tried the below two plugins as a suggestion
1.https://wordpress.org/plugins/multilingual-comments/
2. WPML comments merging plugin

But still, Post comments are not translating to other languages. Please can you give me steps on how I can translate the default post comments to other languages?

I can give you staging site access if you needed.

Thanks.

January 8, 2024 at 8:12 pm #15162498

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello there,

I'm afraid that translating comments currently is not possible.

The workaround is for enabling the comments for other languages as well but they'll be displayed in the original language that they were created.

We thank you for your comprehension and patience while we develop such feature.

Although it is important to reinforce that there's no time frame for when it will be available.

Kind regards,
Mateus

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.