Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client needed to translate text within the WPML plugin but was unable to find where to add these translations.
Solution:
1. Navigate to WPML->String Translations.
2. At the bottom of the String Translation table, click on "Translate text in admin screens".
3. Search for the strings there and if found, select them and add them using the "Add to string translation" button.
4. Click on "Return to String Translations" and proceed to translate the text.
For more detailed guidance, visit WPML String Translation documentation.
Additionally, if the above steps do not resolve the issue, adding a custom XML configuration might be necessary.

If this solution does not apply to your case, or if it seems outdated, we recommend opening a new support ticket. Also, check related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verify the version of the permanent fix, and confirm that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. For further assistance, please visit WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.53 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assisted by: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
September 19, 2024 at 2:19 am #16195710

Thomas Maier

Background of the issue:
I want to translate the text "Additional content" on my order confirmation from WooCommerce. The site I need help with is hidden link. I want to translate that text but can't find the string under the string translations.

Symptoms:
I can't find the string under the string translations.

Questions:
How can I translate the text 'Additional content' on my WooCommerce order confirmation?
Why can't I find the string 'Additional content' under the string translations?

September 19, 2024 at 3:06 am #16195800

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hi there! 🙂

Welcome to WPML support. I’m happy to help you with this issue.

Can you follow this two steps and let me know if it helps.

- Go to WPML->String Translations
- At the bottom of the String Translation table, click on “Translate text in admin screens”
- Search for the strings there and see if you can find them.
- If you can find it, select it and add it using the “Add to string translation” button
- Click on “Return to String Translations”
- Translate it

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

To assist you further, I’ll need more information. Could you please go to WPML > Support > Debug Information and share the details in your next reply? You can find step-by-step instructions here: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

September 19, 2024 at 3:28 am #16195821

Thomas Maier

Hello ok i found the string under “Translate text in admin screens” and i added it to the string translations but still cannot find it. Check out my screenshots. Any idea why or how i can finally find them in the string translations?

SCR-20240919-kjwj.png
SCR-20240919-kjsk.png
September 19, 2024 at 4:18 am #16195878

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

To debug this issue further, I would need to check your site settings once, for this I would need temporary access (wp-admin and ftp) to your site.

So could you please provide me with those details, you will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
hidden link

This info is private and available to you and WPML supporters only.
Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note:
Backup your sites before providing the credentials or if possible provide credentials for the test site

Thanks

September 19, 2024 at 8:14 am #16196822

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I added the following xml in WPML->Settings->Custom XML configuration and it worked for me. You can generate the xml from the same place you added it to string translations

<wpml-config>
  <admin-texts>
    <key name="woocommerce_customer_processing_order_settings">
      <key name="additional_content"/>
    </key>
  </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

Can you check if it's all okay now?

Thanks

September 19, 2024 at 9:06 am #16197338

Thomas Maier

Thank you for your awesome support. This resolved my issue.

Thomas Maier confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-09-19 09:06:59.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.