Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The client has translated almost all products, but the images do not show on the translated product pages in French and German versions after uninstalling the WPML Media Translation plugin, despite confirmation from a WPML support agent that it was safe to remove.
Solution: If the client did not use different images for the translations, then deleting the Media Translation plugin should be safe. For more information, visit WPML Media Translation documentation.
We recommend going to WooCommerce → WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency → Status, and clicking the troubleshooting link (/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wpml-wcml&tab=troubleshooting) to run the following options:

• Sync product "gallery images"
  • Sync product categories

Additionally, we suggest running the "Product lookup tables" option in WooCommerce → Status → Tools.
Before making any changes, please ensure to back up the database first.
Updating the translation for the homepage might also help. To update the page translation, modify the original page slightly, save it, navigate to the WPML translation editor, and complete the translation. Again, please back up your database before making any changes.

If this solution does not resolve the issue or seems irrelevant due to being outdated or not applicable to your case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If further assistance is needed, please open a new support ticket at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.48 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Andrey 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Andrey.

Author Posts
May 23, 2024 at 1:14 pm #15663168

khalidA-55

Instead, I got:

i have translated almost all products, but when i tested it, image doesn't show in translated product page French and Germany version, i have uninstalled plugin named media translation WPML but before that i have asked an agent WPML support and he confirmed me it's safe to remove it

french image Capture.PNG
image problem Capture.PNG
May 23, 2024 at 1:59 pm #15663674

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us.

Before your ticket is assigned to one of my colleagues, please allow me to walk you through some initial debugging steps. This will help speed up the support process.

Firstly, please reinstall and enabled the Media Translation plugin.

Kindly navigate to WPML > Settings > Media Translation > Check both the "Duplicate existing media for translated content" and "Duplicate the featured images for translated content" option and click on the "Start" button. This should copy the images for all your products automatically.

Please, review the explanation about this feature at: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/#id5 , and let me know if it clarifies your question regarding how WPML handles media translation.

Thanks!

Mateus

May 24, 2024 at 9:54 pm #15669356

khalidA-55

Hi There
alright i did all steps, now image are showed in translated product pages, whoever the shop categories don't show any image, please check this screen shot,
also i have a very important question why your agent in chat has confirmed me that disactivating and removing WPML media translation plugin will not affect my website, whoever as you could see, he costs me time to recover all images!!!!!?

shop image Capture.PNG
May 26, 2024 at 10:23 am #15670749

Andrey
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Russian (Русский )

Timezone: Europe/Kyiv (GMT+03:00)

Thank you for your feedback.

If you didn't use different images for the translations, then deleting the Media Translation plugin should be safe. Here is more information: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

Have you tried to go to WooCommerce → WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency → Status, click the troubleshooting link (/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wpml-wcml&tab=troubleshooting) and run the options:

- Sync products "gallery images

- Sync products categories

I would suggest also running the option "Product lookup tables" in WooCommerce → Status → Tools.

Before proceeding with any changes, please make sure to back up your database first.

May 27, 2024 at 11:42 pm #15675903

khalidA-55

i have finished all steps but still got some image not showed like these in screenshot, this is the featured products in home page, but when i click on random product, this product page show image normally!! could you please fix that, i'm running an ads and it's affect it thanks

Capture3.PNG
Capture1.PNG
May 28, 2024 at 12:17 pm #15678336

Andrey
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Russian (Русский )

Timezone: Europe/Kyiv (GMT+03:00)

Have you tried updating the translation for the homepage? To update the page translation, please modify the original page slightly, save it, navigate to the WPML translation editor, and complete the translation.

Please backup your database before making any changes.

khalidA-55 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-05-31 14:56:16.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.