Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
You are working on a multilingual website using WPML and bbPress, aiming to automatically translate and publish user-generated content (topics and replies) in multiple languages. However, the current setup only allows automatic translation for content created in the primary language.
Solution:
Currently, it is not possible to automatically translate and publish user-generated content in several target languages using WPML without manual intervention. You can use the "translate automatically" button in the translation editor for individual posts, but these must be opened and sent manually. Automatic batch translation for user-generated content is not supported at this time.

If this solution does not resolve your issue or seems outdated, we recommend opening a new support ticket. We also advise checking the related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. For further assistance, please visit our support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Laura.

Author Posts
June 6, 2024 at 8:39 am #15709870

evgenyM

Background of the issue:
I am currently working on a multilingual website that uses WPML and bbPress. My goal is to automatically translate and publish user-generated content (topics and replies) on the forum into multiple languages, regardless of the language in which the content was originally created. This is to ensure that the forum content is accessible to users in their preferred language, making the forum truly multilingual.

Symptoms:
The current setup seems to restrict automatic translation to content created in the primary language only.

Questions:
Is it possible to automatically translate and publish user-generated content (topics and replies) on the forum into several target languages using WPML?
How can I bypass the limitation that restricts automatic translation to content created in the primary language only?

June 6, 2024 at 8:56 am #15709912

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

Unfortunately at the moment what you ask for is not possible.

You should be able to automatically translate from the translation editor using the "translate automatically" button but you should send and open the posts manually, you can't translate them automatically in batch.

June 7, 2024 at 9:42 am #15714503

evgenyM

I need to know if it is possible to use WPML's automatic translation for topics and replies created in a non-primary language. For example, if my site's primary language is English, but a user creates a topic in French, I can use WPML automatically translate this topic into English, German, Spanish, etc.?

Currently, I see a restriction that allows automatic translation only for content created in the primary language. How can I enable automatic translation for content created in other languages?

June 7, 2024 at 11:14 am #15715192

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

As I said, it's not possible to do that.

The only way is to send content for manual translation and then translate automatically from the translation editor. Please see hidden link">this video.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.